Hands free calling

I guess I am really lucky. I have the Paradise CROS aids so I can only hear the phone in one ear but the volume is great. People say they would never know I am using a hearing aid. My phone is a MOTO G Power. Seems like most of the complaints are from iPhone users.

I use the hands free function on my Starkey Evolv RIC devices and it works fine for me and the people I talk to.

Similar here on Phonak nadia M70, I had hoped could use for teams calls in office, save taking out aids and putting on headset but they pic up to much noise from rest of office, same if walking down road, traffic noise is to much and need to increase volume to hear then and other callers are hearing background noise.
Had Resound Quattro’s to and they used the mic on iphone, my worked so well, should be an option to do this on Phonak some how.

What’s the issue?

I use both my M70 and P70 for Teams calls. Connect directly.

1 Like

They connect to laptop for teams and any other Bluetooth device, its more how the mics on aids pick up back ground noise, I have replied on another thread and you had to and need to get an appointment with audiologist to get volume of mic reduced i think it was but not sure if will help if i can ever get an appointment. I guess its a drawback of hands free calls. It would be good if had option for noisy places to switch to mic on phone or laptop.
I guess more expensive hearing aids may have better noise cancellation on the hearing aid mics?

@leerich2004

No one I speak too, has issues with background noise even with my P70 after finding this out.

1 Like

The Mic attenuation is default -6 dB which is the max it’ll go.

It was at -6 dB for me and my hearing aids were brand new when first programmed.

1 Like

For Phonak? Makes no difference the price.

Are these features noise block etc in the app or on programming the aids in software? I can not see any of those 3 in the app?

Thanks suspect mine are the same, though are NHS supplied in UK, waiting on an appointment still.

So the should try reduce noise some what really I guess.

@leerich2004

On the audiologist software for NoiseBlock etc.

Do you have the Phonak Nathos Nova?

Yes, using the Target software you can set noise reduction for each individual Phonak program. You can play with these settings in the app yourself, then inform your audiologist to permanently change these for your programs. The goal of the app is really to help you instruct your audiologist (or use the fitware tools yourself) until all is automatic and you no longer need it (him/her)…

@RobHooft

WindBlock or SoundRelax is not on the App tho. Only the actual software.

1 Like

@leerich2004

This may help altho not all the features are accessible via the App.

@RobHooft

You also can’t adjust the App when on a Phone Call anyway.

No are called Naida M70-SP in app

Ok, yea the same as mine.

They are for more severe losses.

:slight_smile:

For more milder losses, NHS hand out Phonak Nathos Nova which is in fact, the M70 still from the Marvel range.

2 Likes

Yeah thats annoying as if streaming music can adjust the surrounding noise or mute it I think.
The option to use phone/laptop mic would solve this issue for me to .

My M70 and P70 can select the laptop mic already. Have to go into settings.

Phone can be helped by what I posted above.

oh settings in app or laptop do you mean?