Handoff to Oticon Intent in IPadOS 18 Public Beta 3 and IOS 18.1 Dev Beta 2

Maybe a bit early to tell but it looks like using IPad OS 18.0 Public Beta 3 and IOS 18.1 Developer Beta 2 the handoff from device to device is working much better while having both devices connected to my Oticon Intent 1s simultaneously…. Anyone else experience the same improvement?

Any hints that the new iOS will support LE Audio? Hoping for another gift under the tree for Christmas.

WH

Nothing that I can see….

1 Like

I think it is too late to see in the version about to be released. Maybe next year.

WH

Have you found any other things that are good or bad regarding connecting hearing aids?

I wear the Oticon Xceed.

Nothing new in terms of connectivity… My experience is that the performance of the Intent 1’s is pretty good on IOS 18.1 beta 3 and IPadOS 18.

The thing that is definitely new is that i can now stream to both iPad and iPhone (one at a time of course) without having to fiddle with turning off bluetooth on the alternate device. Not quite perfect as i had one situation where i had to turn off the bluetooth on the iPad but that related to connecting the HAs to the Oticon Companion app on the iPhone.

So… not perfect but definitely different and maybe even an improvement… I wonder if this is has to do with Apple releasing the new Apple HA functionality on the AirPods Pro 2.

Anyone else find the same or different?

2 Likes

I was listening to a pod cast on my iPad, not realising Bluetooth was still turned on, on my iPhone.

I then got a text through on my iPhone but not my iPad and it came into my hearing aids, once the text announcement finished, my pod cast started again on my iPad.

I’m impressed.

2 Likes

I have found iPhone 16 Pro to be much better with regards to audio quality compared to iPhone 15 Pro. More natural sounding and softer. Worth the upgrade for that alone personally as I had quite a few issues with iPhone 15 Pro unfortunately starting with the initial static issue that took three months to resolve and never did somewhat. The occasional ticking sound I had as well when streaming with iPhone 15 Pro has completely gone with iPhone 16 Pro. I still had it with iOS 18 on iPhone 15 Pro so it was definitely a hardware issue.

Overall, much improved audio quality with iPhone 16 Pro.

How could you tell if LE was in use? Why is it thought that it’s not supported?

LE Bluetooth is supported but not LE Audio.

1 Like

How do we know? IOS doesn’t indicate it anywhere and Apple is silent on the matter. What would be the difference in our experience?

I would be very interested if they began to support lossless codecs but they haven’t budged on that. Even when Apple Music supports it, Air Pods still do not.

There are apps which have been used to demo le audio from iPhones. But it isn’t native. I keep hoping we’ll see something in the myphonak app to support it.

WH