Had a review today of my moulds for my hearing aids

Had an appointment today to look at my moulds for my hearing aids and see if the tubing needs changing etc and they decided to change the mould over for my right ear to a skeleton mould with no vent and they said it should be ready in 4 weeks they warned me it might take awhile to get use to but they said that i can alternate between my vented mould and the non vented

Has anyone else on here gone from vented to non vented mould how have you found it? Was it hard to adjust?

1 Like

Been unvented for a few years now @LRav, it never really bothered me, after a few days I was fine… Although, I must admit I invariably speak far too quietly, when I think I am speaking normally… Cheers Kev :wink:

@kevels55 thanks very much they are only doing unvented for my right ear as they didn’t feel it was really necessary for my cros aid side which is the left.

1 Like

Started blocking mine off over a year ago as I can’t get an appointment at the clinic and needed to increase gain. Now have Boots soft silicon for six months, very comfortable and no other problems.

1 Like

Ask for Double Walled or Twin Walled Tubing @michael1 (About another 5db of gain) when you go for your Naida Lumity’s on the 11th, whatever fitting formula they set in the Naida’s try it for a couple of weeks, and then perhaps switch to NAL NL2, and see how that goes for you Michael :grin: You’ll be fine @LRav , after a short time you should not notice the difference :wink:

2 Likes