Guitar sounds out of key

Yeah sure, the thing is testing like this is ok and you are satisfied with the results, so your a Oticonian now ; )

Yeah I’d take that with a pinch of salt, and yes I’m well aware of the testing done by hearingtracker, it’s perfectly ok to post links, but remember what’s good for one is not good for all, everyone’s hearing is different, but I’m glad your happy with your decision, cheers

1 Like

I am glad you are happy. But a factor to consider is the adaptation of the brain to the sound of the HA and fine tuning. If you didn’t fine tune those aids, and spend a couple months wearing them so your brain adapted then you don’t know which one might have won the contest at the end.

It comes back to the skill of your HCP and your relationship to work together on whichever HAs are selected.

Best wishes!

WH

1 Like

True and good points , unfortunately we don’t get the option to try them out for that long. My Audi lets me try them for 2 weeks. She did program all 4, so that was consistent and we did do a real ear test for all 4. I wish we could try the hearing aids for longer periods.

1 Like

I have Oticon Own’s and Starkey Evolv, both ITE. I find the Oticon noise reduction processing to be embarrassingly bad. Actually a lot of it’s features are poor (impulse suppression is another one that is bad compared to other brands).

Don’t know about that model, was it the one before the more1. Is it their top of the line model? I wanted to try stars key genesis but they don’t have any demos at the moment in Canada. They suggest I buy it and if I didn’t like it return it. So I passed .

Actually this done is probably done on purpose because of the Oticon “open” paradigm. This paradigm doesn’t focus on noise reduction, it focuses more on maintaining the openness of the environment, including all the sounds you consider as noise, but still maintain speech clarity and overall sound balancing, but with priority given to speech.

If you expect noise reduction to give you all around quiet experience and all you want to hear is speech when speech happens, then Oticon aids would be completely unsuitable to your expectation.

2 Likes