Got my first hearing aids today!

Hi All,

Got my first hearing aids today - Oticon Play PX 2 - they are bluetooth! Thank you NHS - because I never thought I would be able to wear hearing aids (information I was provided as a child).

They have been turned down a lot and the doctor said they would slowly increase over the next 4 months.

So far things I’ve been surprised by: how much noise my hair freaking makes, and that I can hear the gas coming out of my hob. Also my cat seems really freaking loud!

2 Likes

Another new HA user here. Although I have not yet had a dramatic response to my HAs (most of my “hearing loss” is due to loud tonal tinnitus), I have had a few nice little surprises. Frankly, my biggest “yay” moment is how I can now listen to an audiobook any time I want, and no one even knows. No “earbuds” sticking out of my ears, just my HAs! :slight_smile:

Tbh, I had to look up what a “hob” was, but now it makes sense! I’ve never heard a gas stove called a “hob” before, is that brand name? Or perhaps just a regional nickname? Anyway, congrats on your improved hearing!

hey. I think Hob might be a UK term?

1 Like