Got a question about Target gain via Phonak Target software

I’m having difficult decision to choose whenever I like 90% or 100% Target Gain.

On 90%, I kinda of like quiet and do not mind to click button two times up for conversation.

On 100%, I feel like everything is realistic but can be strong and loud for me. Some of my hearing friends said it’s loud on street, subway and train so I assume it’s natural. I do not mind to click button two times down to keep things little bit quiet.

My point is if I am on 90% Target Gain, if I click one or two buttons, will it reach to 100% Target Gain? Reason I asked because of FlexControl shows gain and volume combined.

Just curious about everyone’s experience in difference between 90% and 100% Target Gain.

You haven’t mentioned your hearing aid experience. Are you new to aids?
Most of us when getting our first aids talk about how loud everything is. This is very natural, you have not been hearing these sounds for possibly a long time.
Even long time hearing aid users talk about how the aids are loud after adjustments or getting new aids.
Usually the little bit loud is the right decision. You will get used to it shortly.

My apologize. I have wore my hearing aid which is analog since childhood till 20 years old then stopped wearing due to learning American Sign Language all the way till I graduate from Gallaudet. I started wearing digital which is Phonak Naida S from 2011 till 2016 then 2016 till present. I remember some of my audiologist told me that if I cannot deal with 100% Target Gain due to little bit loudness. For quiet and relax, stick with 90% Target Gain. They did remind me that 100% Target Gain is supposed to be my answer to hear more and better. But of course I can press the button down little bit if I need some relax and comfortable for awhile. What’s your thought?

One more thing, my weakness is lack of high frequency. I will post my audiogram from my audiology and new AudiogramDirect here. I do hear a lot better with AudiogramDirect of my own.

Thanks, no need to apologize.
Are you self programming?
Have you tried Sound Recover?
Your Naida S aids are pretty old. The newer Naida Venture and Beyond aids have Sound Recover 2. The frequency lowering can adjust much lower than the old Sound Recover. The high frequencies can be brought down into a better hearing range.

Agreed. I forgot to mention that I do have Phonak Naida V50 UP (Venture) and still wearing it. Sometimes I like to wear my Naida S UP III. My opinion, I like both 90% and 100% Target Gain. I am going to be on 90% for one month then 100% for another one month then see how it goes. :+1:

I’ve got mine set at 90% and have done for well over 2 years.

please can you support me for how to get/download the Phonak target Software as i just get my device online & cant get it