Google Pixel 6: return of the right hearing aid battery drain

My Phonak Audéo hearing aids typically lasted at least 20 hours, probably more. Back in 2022, after an update to my Google Pixel 6 (US, Verizon, Android 13) battery drain in the right ear (the one most directly connected to the phone’s bluetooth) became such that the RH aid wouldn’t last more than maybe 13-15 hours. Another phone update months later finally fixed it.

Well, now, another Android update last month (Android 13, Android security update March 5, 2023 and Google Play system update March 1, 2023) have brought the problem back … but with an unusual difference.

You see, if I have freshly rebooted the phone, the battery drain on the RH aid is fine – I end the day (usually 16-17 hours of use) with no problems. However, day 1 after reboot it’s a bit worse but not bad, and then day 2 post-reboot it’s back to as terrible as it was at its worst. Of course I discovered this when going out to the movies and having the “low battery” noises and finally my RH aid dying less than 14 hours into the day and halfway through the film.

So I guess it’s not as bad as it could be – I just have to remember to reboot my phone at the start of every day, or at least any day I’ll be out in the world (my hearing’s not too bad at home with only my wife and I).

Anyone else experiencing this?

1 Like

I have a Pixel 4a5g and have it paired to Bolero M90 aids, and have zero battery issues. Have you tried to reinstall the MyPhonak app? That might fix your issue. You might also delete the cash, but a reinstalled app would be the 1st thing I would try.

I have a Pixel 7, no problems.

Maybe if you reset your phone and start over it will fix whatever is the problem.

1 Like

No problem with Pixel 7 PRO and KS10 very long battery life. Sitll have 40~50 % after 12 or 13 hours.