Good Experience at Costco

High frequency hearing loss is best handled with tulip or closed domes.

The poster meant to type Rexton M-Core, not ReSound M-Core.

1 Like

How is the app working for you? Do you use a TV streamer?

I do not watch tv for the last 15 years, I use only computer and i have awesome headphones so not using HA when watching anything, Will try to watch for few minutes and let you know :slight_smile:

No, I wanted a little higher end HA and the app they provide is a game changer.

All-around with 0 noise reduction and 0 wind noise reduction, Sound enhancer set to increased bass, middle normal and reduced treble. I have location set to my home and it turns on this program when I get about a half a block from my home. Nice feature.

Good luck

I had the same difficulty with the Select a Vent function in the molds on my KS 9s. The inserts would not stay in.

1 Like

On the All Around setting if I boost the treble to around 75 percent and set volume at 80 percent, I will get some feedback if my ear gets too close to a solid surface. Reducing the treble and/or reducing the volume reduces or eliminates feedback. Have you experienced this?

Which brands are you liking so far?

Yes, I reduce the volume when that happens. Do you have open domes?

So far, I am leaning toward the aids with MFI - - the Bluetooth to phone seems more stable. When I tried the new Paradise I could not put the phone in my jeans pocket and not have the phone cut in and out. And Bluetooth to phone is a BIG thing for me because I listen to a LOT of Audio Books as well as phone calls.
Widex Moment App will not work with OLD iPhone that will not upgrade to iOS 13.
Starkey Livio made EVERYTHING sharp. I have hepa filters all over my house and the fan noise drove me NUTS
Oticon seemed to give nice crisp “s” sounds without fans driving me nuts
Have Resound One now - - I have always worn Resound in the past - - and unfortunately can not try it in a noisy environment - - but key clicks and “s” sounds are not as distinct as the Oticon
. . . .so much depends on what you personally are looking for. Even when I had GOOD hearing I avoided large parties and noisy situations because I had so much difficulty understanding speech . . .
Hope this helps

Yes, I have open domes.

I appreciate the good feedback. I am similar to you…even when my hearing was close to normal I had to really concentrate to hear speech in noise. Maybe that is why when I listen to music I pretty much ignore the lyrics. I do get reasonable test results for hearing speech in noise so maybe its about concentration for me.

I am currently trying out the Resound Prezza from Costco. Before the Prezza I had the ReSound Linx 2. The Prezzas are an improvement over the Linx 2 in that higher pitched sounds are more crisp.

I always turn up the treble when I listen to music . Based on your comments I would probably like the Oticon. How is the Oticon App as compared to ReSound?

IMO open domes are more sensitive to feedback. Control with volume.

Information on the App

1 Like

I wish there were more reviews like yours that provide a subjective comparison between the brands!

Thanks. It is really hard to take the TIME to compare. I have been doing this for ?6 months or more. And I feel my testing is very incomplete because of Covid and no large groups. And a BUSY provider would have a hard time justifying the time this man is devoting to us. Since he is just getting started here, he has more free time than most.

In performing my monthly mold cleaning, I noticed that one factor that helps my Select-a-Vent inserts provided with my ReSound custom silicone molds stay in place is that the vent holes are not a straight-through bore but rather bend a bit to follow the outer shape of the mold. Thus, the springy insert has to bend a bit itself on insertion and I would presume that the spring-loaded bend in the insert creates tension against the side of the mold bore hole and keeps the plugs from moving. I’m wearing an almost totally occluded insert - it seems the more solid the insert, the greater the springiness. It’s my vague recollection from trying the more open inserts that the less material there is in the insert because it’s more hollow, the less “springiness” and lesser tension generated against the side of the bore hole. But I’d say the key ingredient is that if you’re bore holes don’t curve a bit and the bore hole is almost straight through, I’d bet the Select-a-Vents are going to be more prone to migrate in the bore holes and perhaps fall out.

I’ve been wearing my molds with the vent plugs about 1.5 years and usually never see more than a few mm migration in a month before I take everything apart to clean the mold in a mild dish detergent solution. As I clean the molds each day with a Jodi-Vac, if I see any migration, I can just push the plug back in place with the blunt tip of the Jodi-Vac needle but I can’t remember the last time I had to do that. Since I wear an almost totally occluded mold and my molds fit my ear canal pretty tightly, there is perhaps a bit of plus or minus air pressure that might tend to move the inserts as I insert or remove the molds from my ear canal (maybe the +'s and -'s balance out?! :slightly_smiling_face: - but seriously, my inserts really don’t move - perhaps also some ear wax gets into the bore lining and helps as “glue,” too?!).

How can one’s mold have a curved “bore” hole. I think in the ReSound instance, neither the receiver cavity nor the vent cavity are “drilled out” but rather the mold is created by 3-D printing.

Interesting. I’m thinking that an inserted vent with a hole has more give and is easier to work out. Mine would come out in a matter of minutes if just shoved in. Super Glue helped them stay in a day, but that was it. Interesting how different our experiences were. I should have a new mold soon with a fixed vent.
Will see how it works.

1 Like

Sorry if my post was so wordy the results weren’t clear. That’s essentially what I found, too, and was describing.

The biggest vent inserts were essentially VERY thin-walled tubes, had little bending tension in them, and when I tried them, they moved and/or fell out over a day of wearing my HA’s - but the inserts that I now use, with at most a thin diameter hole inside for a vent, hold against the side of the mold bore pretty firmly. It takes a modest push with a finger nail to insert or modest push with the Jodi-Vac needle to remove the insert from the bore hole for mold cleaning.