Going back to NHS Hearing aids a mistake?

Hello,

I am at present using Phonak 70 hearing aids and have had since 2016 and now facing time to think about replacing but am out of work so will have to see if any benefits from government will come through to help me or support me or if I get a job.

I am faced maybe having to go back to England NHS Hearing aids and wondered if I would make a mistake doing this. I lost 20 years of quality life not being able to hear my father even whisper to me etc and very emotional etc and my parents supported me getting these etc.

I also like Phonak as I can watch TV without wearing the headphones do hearing aids on the NHS now support this idea like Phonak provided with Compliot etc

Thanks

NHS aids can be up to date.

The Phonak Nathos Auto are equal to the Phonak Bolero V70.

They can also have a streamer as well like the ComPilot but you’ll have to buy that.

I have Phonak Nathos Auto M aids from the NHS, what you get will depend on your NHS trust. I don’t think you will get a Compilot from the NHS. Specsavers fitted mine under an NHS contract. They wanted a fortune for a Compilot but did say they would pair one I supplied for free.