GN Resound Omnia Bluetooth issues

I discovered something also, bimodal user who link the sound processor with hearing aid cannot use the microphone in the hearing aid for hand free feature in calls.

1 Like

iOS 17.0.1 may have fixed or at least greatly improved automatic re-establishment of connectivity between my iPhone 14 Pro Max and my Omnia HA’s. I’ve been away from my iPhone for extended periods of time since that update a few days ago and almost all of the times I’ve come back to my iPhone, my Omnias are still connected. The iOS 17.0.1 update is highly recommended by Apple to fix security issues but the blurb describing the update says it contains bug fixes as well. Here’s hoping the iPhone separation problem is one of the things fixed. How are things working for you over in the U.K. @david.hendon?

Hello Jim. I haven’t jumped to IOS 17 yet. I like to give it a couple of weeks to let things settle down before I do these big updates. But I will report here when I do. Interested to hear that it seems better for you.

Well, I lost a connection to one HA last night, but overall, I’d still say, on average, I’m losing connectivity less with iOS 17.0.1 than with iOS 17 as initially released or iOS 16.x.

Ok I have updated my iPhone 12 Pro to IOS 17.0.2.

I will report back on how it plays with my Omnias.

I am poised to buy an iPhone 15 Pro, but the specification is a bit vague about BT LE Audio. I note the new Resound Nexia is explicit about supporting LE Audio. I may hold off on the iPhone 15…

I lost connectivity again. The left ear Omnia has always been the HA that loses connectivity. Never the right so far.

Hi Jim

An interim report from me. I am impressed how much this is better with IOS 17.0.2 than it was with IOS 16.7. It seems like it’s back how it was with the Ones.

Anyway it needs me to try a few more things, like go properly out of range for ten minutes and see whether the phone and the app re-acquire the Omnias when I come back. I will report more in due course.

1 Like

Thanks! I missed that we’re already up to iOS 17.0.2! I’ll give it a try…

Hi Jim @jim_lewis well we have 17.0.3 now!

I have only had one example of one hearing aid not being connected since I installed 17.0.2 and that was a left one coincidentally. It was the app that hadn’t retrieved contact, so restarting the app fixed the problem. But maybe I didn’t leave it long enough to do it on its own.

Anyway I am very pleased with how it’s going. I put 17.0.3 on my phone this morning but it shouldn’t affect this as it’s basically dealing with other issues. But I will let you know how it goes. We should have 17.1 soon, so will need to try that too.

I do wonder why Apple couldn’t fix this in IOS 16 though.
Regards David

Me, too! :roll_eyes: