GN launching a Jabra branded M&RIE product at Costco

Is the feedback only when inserting the receiver into your ear? That’s not unusual. If they aren’t already turned on you can have the aids set to play a startup tone where they beep 10 times or so. While the startup is playing you can insert the aid in your ear without getting any feedback.

The startup tone starts when you remove the aid from the charger. If you wait too long to insert it in your ear you may get feedback, as the startup beeps complete and the aid becomes fully operational.

Looking at your loss I would suspect that you will need to use power domes. If the dfs calibration is done correctly you won’t get feedback but you may have issues using the closed or open domes.

So, does the loss curve of my audiogram suggest a specific dome may be the best choice?
Must admit I have insufficient experience to understand the correlation between loss and optimal dome types.

I am confused on the battery size,I was told 13 but,my information user guide said to use 312! I don’t like the rechargeable either.

I have small ear canals ,maybe this is causing the problems I am have with the M&RIE in my ears!

I have been told about Amy at the Costco in Manassas she also has a hearing problem,

@szcas3

None of the Jabra have size 13 batteries. They both use 312.

1 Like

It could be, but one way to know for sure, would be to swap the M&RIE receivers out for the standard and see if there’s a difference. The cost of the receiver is not that much,so could be worth looking into, you will need to have the HAs reset for the new receivers tho.

Costco will swap out the receivers at no charge.

3 Likes

I guess I must have the 61 because I have the push button and no telecoil,my fitter did not go over these hearing aids very well,I didn’t even know about these different number codes! 61-62. so,you mention the Jabra Elite Pro I have the Enhance PM is that different then the one you mention?thanks so much for your feed back.

@szcas3

Oh it might be different, hang on, I’ll go back to the website.

@szcas3

Maybe it is the same, according to this website?

1 Like

Thank you,I think that could be my problem with this new aid,also you need both aids in your ear because they don’t work with just one,I have a right ear problem that has to be looked and try to use just one of these aids and it will not work,my old aids would work with only one aid in. The aids I had before would work independent of each other,

It does look the same,so I guess I can use 312 instead of the 13 thanks for taking the time to show picture

I think I will check this out also,remove the receiver in the ear,

The Jabras definitely do work with one aid only. I often backslide to using one aid. The phone app sees one aid and you can change programs as you would with two. Unless your ears show considerable difference in the audiogram, two aid will always be better than one. The Jabras communicate to each other to optimise performance. Post you audiogram if you’d like better guidance on this [not from me, but there are some highly knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Don’t know whether it works with HA’s but listening with two ears as opposed to one also perceptually gives you ~4 dB better sound volume, too, IIRC. Two ears working together reinforce each other.

I don’t have a phone app,just my old flip top ha I can’t post my audiogram,I don’t know how to do this,and don’t think I can with my phone,I wish I could, thank you for letting me know that I can in the mean time use just one aid,

I don’t have a lot of knowledge, just personal experience. I know that the higher the gain (ie more loss) means that the potential for feedback is higher. The calibration measures at what point there is feedback and will cut the m&rie before that happens.

I have the Costco Jabra M&RIE. I started with Tulip Domes and switched to vented domes for a more open sound. No problems with feedback.