GN launching a Jabra branded M&RIE product at Costco

My wife tried on the Resound ONE 9’s at a local hearing center and liked the tinnitus masking feature, Can the DIY’er enable this feature in the Smart Fit software and can it be controlled in the Smart 3D app?

Absolutely. I turned it on. It didn’t do much for me unfortunately :frowning: so I disabled it.

Yes it can, the good thing with Resound is they have one of the better UI for the tinnitus controller.

There’s a lot of different masking that you can choose from in the software, did you try to find one that suits? Finding just the right pitch, is the hardest part I think. Good thing is you can experiment to find which works best for you.

Yeah there is the option of the different sounds (white, brown, etc…) and the nature sounds. I have a fairly consistent tone at about 9k which is a bit higher than it does really well. Actually when it is really bothersome I turn on the background sounds from the iPhone and use rain and that works ok…

A couple weeks ago, my wife tried the Jabra Enhance Pro hearing aids at Costco. She really liked them because they sounded very natural. However, at that time, I knew absolutely nothing about these aids and therefore decided to wait to purchase. Since then I have researched and learned these aids are rebranded Resound ONE 9’s with M&RIE capabilities. I later called Costco and discovered my wife demoed the standard MP receivers with small Open fit domes. We then made another appointment to demo the M&RIE receivers which is coming up this next Tuesday The ergonomics of the M&RIE receivers make sense and would like to fully pursue them. However, my wife has very small ear canals and likes the open fit ear domes. She has mild to moderate hearing loss. Are the M&RIE receivers compatible under these circumstances.

Yeah I get this, like mind over matter!

The M&RIE are suitable for mild/moderate hearing loss, although they say they shouldn’t be used for severe/profound, a couple of members have used them with good results.
As to whether she will be able to use the M&RIE, only she will know on the day, very small canals could be an issue tho.

My loss is moderately severe to severe (audigram in my profile), and am wearing Jabra’s with M&RIE receivers and the new Resound closed domes (not power domes). I like them a lot (no feeback).

1 Like

Can you post the name/model number of the new Resound closed domes? There are so many models out there and I want to try the right ones!
For some reason my left side aid screams piercing feedback when inserting the receiver. M&RIE tulip dome at present, but maybe the closed domes could help.
Many thanks

Is the feedback only when inserting the receiver into your ear? That’s not unusual. If they aren’t already turned on you can have the aids set to play a startup tone where they beep 10 times or so. While the startup is playing you can insert the aid in your ear without getting any feedback.

The startup tone starts when you remove the aid from the charger. If you wait too long to insert it in your ear you may get feedback, as the startup beeps complete and the aid becomes fully operational.

Looking at your loss I would suspect that you will need to use power domes. If the dfs calibration is done correctly you won’t get feedback but you may have issues using the closed or open domes.

So, does the loss curve of my audiogram suggest a specific dome may be the best choice?
Must admit I have insufficient experience to understand the correlation between loss and optimal dome types.

I am confused on the battery size,I was told 13 but,my information user guide said to use 312! I don’t like the rechargeable either.

I have small ear canals ,maybe this is causing the problems I am have with the M&RIE in my ears!

I have been told about Amy at the Costco in Manassas she also has a hearing problem,

@szcas3

None of the Jabra have size 13 batteries. They both use 312.

1 Like

It could be, but one way to know for sure, would be to swap the M&RIE receivers out for the standard and see if there’s a difference. The cost of the receiver is not that much,so could be worth looking into, you will need to have the HAs reset for the new receivers tho.

Costco will swap out the receivers at no charge.

3 Likes

I guess I must have the 61 because I have the push button and no telecoil,my fitter did not go over these hearing aids very well,I didn’t even know about these different number codes! 61-62. so,you mention the Jabra Elite Pro I have the Enhance PM is that different then the one you mention?thanks so much for your feed back.

@szcas3

Oh it might be different, hang on, I’ll go back to the website.

@szcas3

Maybe it is the same, according to this website?

1 Like