Getting used to IIC

I have almost complete hearing loss on my left ear and reduced hearing on my right ear. I previously wore a RIC for the last 8 years on my right ear and nothing on my left. I wanted to give the bi-cross IIC (Signia Insio Nx with Silk Nx Bi-cross) a try but am struggling with both the physical comfort level and the quality of the sound - in particular my own voice. When I wore the RIC I really didn’t think about that I was wearing HA. With this set up I think about it every single second. Now, I’m only on my 2 week so my question is whether you get used to this over time? And if so, how long should I give it. I really want this to work but right now it is driving me crazy. Anybody with similar experience?

0 Likes

Does this Signia model offer the Own Voice Processing? That can help some. There are three levels it can be set at, after the training is done.

0 Likes

You can try a different click sleeve, one that is vented. Click sleeves should be very comfortable so you may need a different size and/or venting.

0 Likes

I guess first question is what are you trying to improve upon by moving to IIC? The voice quality issues sounds like altering the venting might help and Sierra has a point about OVP. However, unless there’s a pressing need/desire to use IIC, I’d go back to RIC.

1 Like

Thank you for your responses. I’ve decided to dump the IIC and am now trying an RIC with CROS. I have questions about that one too but will create a new thread.

0 Likes