Getting these pesky settings just right!

Thank you @Baltazard, for a most, “Comprehensive” explanation :grin: Much better than I could have done! :clap: :clap: :clap: I am noticing 9 Fitting Formulas now, although it’s been maybe 3 years, since I was in there (Marvels)… The last time I programmed, I just used the import/export feature, exporting all the settings from my NHS Naida M70’s, and importing them into my privately bought, Naida P90’s, the NHS A.uD had done such a wonderful job in setting the Nadia M70’s up, I just wanted those settings (including “REM”) into the Naida P90’s, took me about 15 minutes to figure out what to do, and I was up and running within a half an hour, the difference was exceptional, clarity vastly improved… I feel fortunate, as “Target”, did all the work for me, and absolutely no further tweaking was required… Cheers Kev :grin:

4 Likes

@kevels55 You are very welcome.

1 Like

Hi Zebras,
As I keep emphasising I appreciate the help you guys are giving me. I sense a tadge of impatience from you and yes in the end I’ll probably do just what you say. However, we all do our research in our own way and learn from it. Too often I have done what seems so obvious in life only to find later that a bit of hesitation would have been a good idea. So I hope you’ll bear with me.
You have to admit it can be very confusing.
Roger

1 Like

Thanks Kev and Baltazard for all of that which makes things clearer. Especially about the choice of fitting formulae.
I’m still waiting to hear from the NHS as to whether the Phonaks they have supplied will work with any Roger accessories. If they won’t the choice is pretty much made for me isn’t it?
Cheers,
Roger

1 Like

@rogerinshoreham Your Phonak Naida M70 SP WILL (I stress WILL not vill) work (not vork) with the Roger accessories, it’s just you will need a license for it or check the configurator (see link above), for example, check these videos:

And this:

And this:

And this:

And this:

Roger On is the latest Roger accessory, it has an app which you can customize the Roger ON as you wish, it is worth the stretch.
Or as @Zebras said, if you don’t want the hassle of licenses, just get the PartnerMic, which will work out of the box.

Note 1: I hope no one will get made (this isn’t a message in the bottle :rofl:) or upset, I just give what I believe (in my best knowledge) is the best advice at this moment in time, please do more research so you can confirm or reject my comments.

Note 2: I am not affiliated with Phonak or Roger or any manufacturer in any ways or shapes, period, I am only (reminds me Michael Caine’s: you’re only supposed to bl*w the bl**dy doors off :rofl:) here as a user to learn, help and spread the knowledge (hopefully without misleading)

1 Like

Partner Mic would be a lot easier for him.

NHS won’t provide the Roger licenses. They don’t even provide them for children.

1 Like

@Zebras Does the NHS provide the PartnerMic?

Unfortunately not.

Just the hearing aids. They will install the Roger licenses if they come from a Roger X receiver with the Roger Installer tho.

1 Like

@Zebras So, at the end of the day, @rogerinshoreham has to spend money to get either a ParnterMic or a Roger accessory?

1 Like

@Baltazard

Yes or get some type of funding.

eBay is a good option tho for him for both a Roger iN or Partner Mic.

My Partner Mic cost £70 from eBay with a 2022 serial number.

Just thought, he could get a Roger NeckLoop instead of bothering with the License issue.

2 Likes

@Zebras @rogerinshoreham

It seems like the Roger On isn’t on list! :thinking:

1 Like

All Rogers will work once the licenses are installed or he uses a Roger NeckLoop.

I use a Pen, Select and On with my hearing aids.

1 Like

@Zebras I think there is a problem with the Phonak Roger Configurator web page, as there are no Roger On on the list.

Getting closer. If I bought a Partnermic on eBay with a serial number higher than - was it 1744? - it would work out of the box, otherwise I pay maybe £230 new. I think I saw one on Amazon at £170.
Is that the bottom line?

The serial number doesn’t matter on the Partner Mic. They didn’t come out until 2018 and are made for Marvel / Paradise / Lumity Aids.

Serial number is only needed for the Roger X receiver which you don’t need for the Partner Mic.

This is the Partner Mic. Don’t confuse it with the silver Mic that is for older Phonak Aids.

Partner Mic works the same way as the TV Connector. It’s called AirStream Technology.

1 Like

Thanks Zebras, that is unequivocal.
If I see a used one for sale I should grab it! As you’ve said all along!
You seem to have tried all these things. Being fairly new is the technology in this as good as the Roger goodies, in your experience? If we go back to what I’m looking for it is for my boss when there is hubbub in the office or when having a meal out with my wife.
After I’ve heard your views I’ll let you live in peace knowing you’ve helped someone today.
Rog

1 Like

For me for 1-1 the Partner Mic is as good as the Roger in my opinion. The older silver Mic for older Phonak Aids, is rubbish but the Partner Mic is massively improved.

3 Likes

Thanks Zebras,
After all this I’m feeling quite well prepared for my session on Friday.
Have a good Christmas (if that’s your thing).
Rog

And to all those who’ve contributed thank you too. And the same season’s wishes.
Roger

1 Like

@rogerinshoreham

I’ve missed it. What’s on Friday, audiology?