Genie 2 recognising and also not recognising Noah

Hi all, maybe a confusing issue, maybe something stupid I am doing. I have got Genie 2 installed, just received my Noahlink. I hooked up the Noah, it was recognised but no drivers installed, despite having the Genie 2 software. I downloaded the drivers and Noah shows in Device Manager under HIMSA and is working correctly. I can see the Noah in Genie 2 preferences, I have selected it and also upgraded the firmware to 2.23. However, my HAs (Oticon Intents) are not being detected, despite switching off BT on my phone and restarting the aids. Also, I notice I don’t get the four green light flashes when I start Genie 2 that the Noah manual says I should get when the fitting software connects to Noah.

Am I missing something here…? I have rebooted the PC a couple of times (I’m on Windows 11).

Have you got the latest version of Genie?
@Volusiano will be along soon.

Yes, 2024.1. Latest drivers for Noah, I can detect the Noah in Genie 2 and select it but I can’t connect it to the HAs. The “Connect” button is greyed out and it doesn’t detect them when I reboot them…

Show a screenshot of possible, honestly you didn’t need to go through all the firmware update on Noahlink, did you download the correct drivers from himsa? not sure how you knew no drivers were in installed to begin with, that is without first trying to connect to you HAs?
But this is an easy fix, uninstall genie and then reinstall it, next open genie software and make your client and then connect your Noahlink, you should then be able to proceed, of course your HAs do need to be in pairing mode for a successful connection to them

I knew it would be something stupid…I hadn’t created a client. I assumed that would be imported from the HAs but clearly not. I created a client in my Genie software and of course I could connect from there. All OK now, thanks for your help.

2 Likes

Fantastic, now the fun begins! Keep us updated on progress, lots of people interested in the INTENT models, should be interesting.

1 Like