Generic DIY Fitting process

I am ready to begin my first DIY self fitting session. I have read all the relevant PDF’s and Manufacturer software manuals and even looked at the appropriate videos for audiologists. My hope is that someone would use generic language and kind of walk through the steps of a fitting such that it wouldn’t matter which HAs or software I use.

1. enter audiogram
  2. connect HA’s through Noalink Wireless
  3. save current HA settings and initiate a new session
  4. answer the experience questions
  5. see if the prescription solution is all you really need by listening to something (what ??? how?? a mp3 on the computer? a media file in the software? How do I know the result of a tweak?)
  6. if not happy, begin with XYZ adjustment
  7. next try the ABC adjustment

I just want to get an overview of the process, I can figure out how to do the individual tweaks from the videos, manuals and files if I knew what I was tweaking and why.

Long question and probably not too clear what I want.

Big John

1 Like

Hi there, ok to answer your questions.

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes and no, so the easiest way here to save your original audiology settings as a client.
    You then start a separate new client and do your DIY project from there.
  4. Yes you then answer your experience level and set the correct acoustics (Dome, mold, open, closed etc)
  5. Here you will have the default proprietary fitting formula called adaptive phonak
    digital (APD) use this to start with(you can change at a later date to NAL-NL2,DSLv, etc)

Yeah so you need to get out into your environment to check, conversations with people in and outside the home, the tv etc.
Phonak has some media files in target, but it’s just so much better to check in ones environment.

Leave music program and streaming last to do the adjustments, get the other programs set up first, and you can then move on to music and streaming (who knows, you could be happy with the way Phonak automatically sets these in your first fit anyway :wink:)

Just do small adjustments to begin with, don’t go down the path of trying to do everything all at once in big leaps and bounds it never works.

1 Like

Thank you for the thoughtful response. I am making good progress!
Big John