Further Advice - Phonak Nadia P70 UP (Part 2)

Firstly, thank to those people who replied my previous post. It still not resolves the issue of annoying sounds (digging).

Let me repeat it, there is a problem that it sounds like digging machine, it’s much like a concrete road breaker machine. It happens when I hear the sounds - microwave, boiling water( kettle), toilet flush. And also, the various speech/songs - few words like ‘errrr’, ‘ooooh’, ‘aiiiirr’,etc in long/short pause.

Those people who provided me the possible solutions, I explained it to an audiologist, he turned off the SoundRecover and AutoSense programs as well. It still not resolves the issue. He thought it is related to MPO in high level that causes it but I doubt it because I still have the old hearing aids (brand Resound Magna) and it doesn’t have any issue even high level of MPO.

I think it is something to do with a combination of frequency and decibel in Phonak Target - sound advanced feature that it should be turned off or another way, for example, soften the sound or decrease the specific sounds while retaining the maximum volume. Do you know anyone who is a qualified audiologist with great knowledge of Phonak Target and know how to achieve it? I remind you again, Resound Magna is more clearer than Phonak, so it should have the similar capability of sound programming.

Have you tried sound relax in program options?

2 Likes

If you mean that sound relax in software program, I cannot remember and will check it. Thanks.

All high frequency sounds.

Sounds like a Sound Recover 2 issue.

1 Like

That is done, Sound Recover 2 is off.

To find out , if the effect is feedback related, try to turn down Whistle Block

From your audiogram, I’m surprised you get much benefit from hearing aids. Are you a candidate for a cochlear implant?

Mmm, I think that is already off. :thinking:

Yeah, I am a UK patient and eligible to get a cochlear implant but I stick with BTE for now.