Found: A solution to poor bluetooth streaming outdoors!

Since I got my new Phonaks, I’ve had trouble with Bluetooth streaming while I walk my dog outdoors. Oddly, some days it worked fine, but was unusable on other days. I saw on this forum that others were having similar problems. Some surmised it was the lack of nearby walls to reflect the Bluetooth signal, and one participant even suggested wide-brimmed hat as a possible solution. I pretty much always wear a wide-brimmed hat and that hasn’t helped. But thinking about it I realized that the hat brim would be pretty transparent to the Bluetooth radio signal. But aluminum foil: that reflects radio waves just fine. Using double sided sticky tape, I fastened some foil to the underside of my hat brim, and tried it for a few days. Absolutely no problems with the streaming, but I got a few chuckles about “tinfoil hats” :slight_smile:
A little more tape and some brown paper, and the hilarity of the solution was brought under control.

14 Likes

Wonderful solution @dhstraayer… I like your style! :rofl: :upside_down_face: :rofl:

1 Like

Nice bit of lateral thinking there, and it’s not expensive.

1 Like