For Oticon OPN 1, Fitting Link 3 or NoahLink?

The resound App can also do firmware updates as well.
One member has confirmed he “bricked” his my using the App to update.

Shut the front door! Well maybe bricking your hearing aids is not a big deal nowadays?? Phonak software has a factory reset. But what do you do with the others brands? Send them back to the factory?

Yep back to the manufacturer, it’s a real pain, so the lesson here would be, don’t use the App use the software and a HiPro.

Widex Compass GPS has a serious bug where the connection between Compass GPS and Evoke hearing aid is suddenly broken when you upgrade the firmware, hearing aid still works and connects to Compass GPS, but it have lost bluetooth,.
I first encountered this bug last September, but the latest Compass GPS still hasn’t fixed it; someone lost their Bluetooth to Evoke AIDS two weeks ago; so far I know a few people who might have had an accident.

Just to be clear; Sending bricked hearing aids back to the factory is not usually an option for DIYers.

• If you bought your hearing aids from a professional audiologist, then yes, the professional audiologist can get them factory serviced for you.

• If you bought hearing aids from EBay without knowing the ownership history then there is the possibility that Hearing aids reported lost or stolen may get confiscated. Even if you are able to learn about (from an audiologist) and avoid confiscation beforehand, you are still stuck with bricked hearing aids.

• btw> Factory service is rather expensive and may exceed the cost of used hearing aids. So there’s that. Would the factory service fee be waived because it was their factory App that caused it? For a DIYer, I doubt it.

1 Like