Follow up on Phonak Marvels not charging

Back in December I mentioned that my Phonak Marvels were going back to Phonak to repair the charging problem. Some one asked me to check if I got the same aids back. I did and the note was that the ‘electronics and receiver’ had been replaced. No further problems.

Basically you have new aids with the old shells and serial numbers. Perhaps old microphones too.

If the circuit (electronics) has been replaced, that would be new serial number, and new mic’s, @ginalolap did you check to see if you have a new serial number?

1 Like

I had an Audeo P90R in for service from late Nov to late Dec. It kept crashing.

Been working fine since I got it back. Nothing was said about a serial number change. (Should have been paperwork if so.). Of interest to discussions I’ve seen here, the battery went from being 5-10% lower than the other one at end of day to 10-15% higher. The pairings in BT and with my ALDs all worked (and this is BT master) so I believe I got my original aid back with a new battery. I can only conclude they changed the battery.

WH

1 Like

Yes I did check the serial numbers and they are the same.

1 Like

I don’t really understand what difference it makes. The most important thing is they fixed them. Hopefully for good. Although I have sent aids back right at the time of the warranty expiration date and gotten new aids.

Yeah, it’s just that quite a few people were saying they got completely new replacements from Phonak with this “charging/battery issue” and of course there were people (ok, ok, one person in particular) claiming the battery couldn’t be replaced, it could in the end as a DIY project,so now we have returned original HAs, fixed and working with new batteries? Because with new circuit/chip would be new serial number.

So just out curiosity can you check serial number in the myPhonak app?

1 Like

are you sure the serial number is hardware … I think it is firmware and is written by the service center.

And it is viewable in target software but not in the android app.

I don’t know where to see the serial numbers. The product page has model, software version, and roger receiver versions.

My software is 1.1.13.0 on ea side. Is that current?

WH

mine show 1.1.12.0
I will see if I can do an update in Target .

I found no way to upgrade the firmware including a factory reset :frowning:

I’m not sure about this. I’ve got a new P90R as a warranty-replacement in April '21. It had the same serial no.
Either they’ve repaired it (what I doubt) or they programed the serial-no to the new device.

The way s/n get handled is different by jurisdiction and method of supply.

In either case the aid has been replaced: it’s unusual for anything other than very minor repairs - filters/battery drawer/shell damage/receiver - to be attempted. If there’s any issue with the internal electronics, it’s basically bin it and replace.

2 Likes

I don’t think they could duplicate bt pairing though, can they? That’s not supposed to be accessible, if I remember what I studied well.

WH

Correct, that’s a hint that mine was replaced. It came programmed at set as the old one was.
But Bluetooth had to be paired anew.

All my pairings remained, even devices I don’t actively use with the HAs any longer.

WH

Oh yeah, this brings to mind an issue from many years ago, I’d forgotten that I have 2 Phonak Audeo from yesteryear that have exactly the same serial numbers! but very old chip compared to today.