Fixing BTE hearing aids that fall off ear

I just picked up my first ever HA at CC, Philips 9040, two days ago. I’ll return to CC in five days for whatever adjustments are needed. My hearing is greatly helped, but both left and right HAs keep falling off my ears and hang by the domes. The HAs seem to fit on top of my ears more than behind them. I’ll discuss this with CC, but I wonder if longer stiffer coils that allow having the HAs fit more behind the ears, and bend and hold my ears would help. Would bigger domes prevent me from losing the HAs? Is my problem common so a fix can easily be done by CC? I’d like to learn about how to fix this problem so I can know what to request.

1 Like

Ear locks and/or a longer receiver wire may help.

Thank you. I have done more research on line and think that I probably need longer receiver wires that allow a fit farther back behind my ears and are custom molded by heating them to better conform to my ears shapes. I now plan to go to CC first thing tomorrow, Monday, without an appointment and leaving my HAs there if necessary. I’ll take them in the carrying case because with them falling off so easily I’m afraid to wear them anywhere but home.

1 Like