Fittinglink wp-2 vs. Fittinglink 3.0

I have 2 sets of Oticon Alta 2 pro ITE hearing aids with a streamer pro 1.3a and I have the Genie2 software installed but need the hardware to be able to program my replacement streamer.
Anyone have either programmer for sale? And is there any reason to buy the Fittinglink 3.0 over the Fitting link wp-2?
I see a wp-2 on eBay for $149 and a 3.0 for $225 from the same seller in Arizona. Does this sound reasonable or is there anything I should be careful about buying off eBay. Thanks!

I purchased a FITTINGlink WP-2 and despite multiple attempts I am unable to get GENIE 2 to connect to it using a USB A to micro cable. It is possible the cable is a charge only and not a data cable. So I will need to check that possibility. Possibly I can try connecting my Amazon Fire tablet to my PC and see if it is detected. I’ll follow up afterward. Out of sheer frustration I have an appointment with a Hearing Life center to fit the hearing aids I was given. If between now and then I get this connection working I’ll pass on that very expensive exercise. It’s about half the cost of brand new Bose aids.

So, even with a confirmed USB A to USB Micro data cable and PC confirmation of installing the FITTINlink, WP-2 GENIE 2 does not detect it. If you have made progress with this please follow up.
Be safe and stay well.
Duncan

You need the Bluetooth dongle for detecting means.

It is supposed to work with a direct connection according to the instructions.

2 Likes

Doesn’t direct connection mean connection between the dongle and FittingLink?

2 Likes