First impression of Oticon More 1

I agree 100%, @Volusiano. More’s DNN is static - not dynamic. Its chip had already learned everything in its repertoire of tricks the day it came off the production line.

Let there be no mistake about that!

2 Likes

Hearing Revolution (a subsidiary of Hearing Care Solutions, so same price there too) quoted me a price of $4100 for a pair of More 1. They come with 3 years of manufacturer’s warranty plus loss & damage protection as well as 1 year of service from a local audiologist for fitting a fad follow up appointments. Purchase is made over the phone and then mailed to the local Audi. I purchased my current pair of Opn 1 this way and everything worked just fine.

This

2 Likes

@flashb1024: Thanks, :zap:Flash:zap:! Something has changed in that link since I first clicked on it, though.

Trying to figure it out… (They seem to have added a preview preamble before the email address pane appears.)

Some sort of enhancement for TWS earbuds?

@SpudGunner If you’re using Chrome or Firefox, just go to extensions, and you can add it there.
It’ll show up as an icon on your toolbar, and allow you to use a fake email address whenever you need.

This is a cool link, @flashb1024 ! I just used it to download the Chatable whitepaper. Will post my impression of it after I get a chance to read it, in the other Chatable thread started by @Lostdeaf.

1 Like

I just have a 2007 MacBook and my iPhone and iPad. I’m scared to open the MacBook now.

Do This

1 Like

Thanks very much, :zap:Flash:zap:! Much obliged!

[Just testing: :potato:Spud:potato: doesn’t have the same visual impact as :zap:Flash:zap:, does it?]

1 Like

Hello,

It’s been over 3 months since I used More 1 Hearing aid from OPN 1. As in previous comments above, now I think it’s better to update what I learned.

First of all, I still love this MORE1 hearing aids because it’s very comfortable on the phone conversation thanks to Telecoil. Considering my previous frustration on the phone conversation, it’s worth me spending money to upgrade.
Secondly, my audiologist couldn’t arrange for the MORE 1 hearing aids -test trial initially, even I asked him a few times. That’s why I ordered online at a reasonable price. I’ve sent my OPN 1 information to the online seller (Audiologist), and he set it up before sending it to me. Anyhow, I’m happy with it.
Thirdly, After getting the More 1, I’ve also purchased Noahlink for the detail setting for myself. Thanks to the information from Volusiano, I could learn and applied to my hearing aids. At first, I tried to set up the highest noise reduction in an easy and challenging environment. It was very comfortable, but the sounds were not very clear and not natural. After a few days of trial, I re-adjust, finding my setting for the noise reduction.
Also, I set up more programs such as Music, Speech in Noise and tested at the different environments. Thanks to the apple watch, it’s pretty easy to switch the program from one to the other. I use a general setting all the time, but when I spend time at home listening to music, I change into a Music setting. The funny thing is, I saw these settings on the Genie2 program, but I was concerned if I screwed up all the information. However, it’s pretty easy and convenient. Yes, under the music setting, the sound is very clear and full.
Also, I sometimes use the “speech in noise” setting when I watch the TV, but most of the time when I work in very noisy surroundings. “speech in noise” is very convenient but not 100% setting. That’s why I’m adjusting a little bit to see what is best for me.

Anyhow, I always felt very sorry to spend time with an audiologist to modify/change something because I felt like “I am a very cranky and annoying client”… Moreover, unfortunately, it wasn’t sufficient time to discuss and find the try and adjust. That’s why sometimes DIY would be another solution for changing and finding detail setting as personal satisfaction.

1 Like

@ubabopepton Glad to hear that the More 1 is working out for you in a DIY situation. Have you updated Genie 2 to 2021.2 and updated your More 1 firmware in order to get the MyMusic program to try it out? That’s a new program that’s supposed to make music listening even better than with the current plain vanilla built-in Music program from before.

Do let us know your impression of this MyMusic program once you’ve had a chance to try it out.

This is an interesting data point to learn from another user’s perspective. Technically, according to the Genie 2 Help menu, the Neural Noise Suppression setting is supposed to be for the Max value only, and the More is supposed to know how to apply the appropriate amount, not always applying the Max value, but judiciously applying only enough, up to the Max value as necessary.

So there was always a question I had as to why Oticon doesn’t just always set the Max value that’s appropriate for the corresponding Tier 1, 2 or 3 as the default value then?; if what they say is true that they have the smart inside to judge how much noise suppression to use and only use enough up to the Max, but never more than necessary. But instead they seem to be very shy about always setting the default Max value in Genie 2 despite how they explain it.

My take based on @ubabopepton 's comment here then is that maybe whatever value Oticon deems as appropriately necessary to apply for noise reduction may not always match with what people would like to see because they may want to have more details retained than what Oticon takes away in the name of Neural Noise Reduction. Ideally, I think it’d be better if Oticon just set the default Max value to whatever max is associated with the Tier and not give it as a choice for users to set, but instead give them a choice to have Weak, Moderate or Aggressive Neural Noise Suppression, and apply the amount of Neural Noise Suppression as appropriately necessary like usual, but factor in the flavor (Weak/Moderate/or Aggressive) as selected by the user. This would be a better and more easily understood way to implement Neural Noise Suppression than by giving users control of the Max value.

Hello Volusiano,

Yes, I’ve updated Genie 2 as the most updated version and for the Firmware, I believe that it is the most updated. Yes, it has more functions for Streaming Equalizer on the app but it only works when the music is streaming, I think. If I am wrong, please educate me.

I compared with other settings for the music listening from speakers. Definitely the music setting, it’s really helpful to hear more in detailed sounds. Also when I listen to podcasts through streaming, it’s better sound quality if I adjust EQ a little bit.

thanks for the this information. Actually I was wondering about the noise reduction part.

I feel like I haven’t tried the maximum noise setting for a long time period because due to the silly perspective of mind I felt like it would get rid of all the detailed sounds and I stop using maximum setting after a few hours. Now I am setting as maximum because I want to really try with very open-objective mind-set. I will update you in a few days.

Thanks

Well, my understanding is that MyMusic is not just for streaming, but also for listening to live music, or recorded music via a speaker-based sound system.

It’s not the same as the built-in Music program. Once you’ve updated Genie 2 to 2021.2 and updated the firmware on your More 1, when you go to Genie 2, under the Program Manager, when you pull down on the program menu, you’ll see a MyMusic program. You’ll need to select this and assign it to one of the 4 programs and exit the session. Then you can try it out by selecting the program which you assign MyMusic to.

Yeah, I think that’s the wrong impression that Genie 2, the way it’s setup, is giving to people who use it. It makes you think that if you choose the higher values, that it will always apply that value no matter what. But that’s not true. It’s only the Max value, as explained in the screenshot below by the Genie 2 online help:

Yes. I did that way. :slight_smile: Music sound is very nice. looks like it modified the noise reduction parts.
Still on the app, it looks like adjusting eq is only available on the streaming music.

Thanks for the detail information. Yes it makes sense. I want to try a few days to see how it works.
Also, I’ve changed the setting for ‘sound enhancer’ into higher setting from “balanced” into “detail” AND for Virtual outer ear setting from Balance to “Aware”.

Thanks for the all information and I really appreciated. I will try very objectively with open-mind for a few days under the very different surroundings and let you know. Thanks

Glad to hear that you’re happy with the Mores. I admire your courage to take on the task of self-programming. Where did you buy from?

I’ve purchased from eBay. :slight_smile: