Fine tune tutorials

Do you have any instructions for fine-tuning?

Hint which frequencies represent which sound? What if I want to make the speech sound sharper, what should I amplify?
The hearing aid has 20 channels, how to recognize what we want to amplify?

I would like to hear experienced people who have learned this, to share their own impressions :slight_smile:

Would this help?

2 Likes

Thanks, I haven’t looked at it that way before. I was hoping for a little more detail, because for example a hearing aid has 20 channels, so I’m a little confused. Obviously I need to experiment with the possibilities.
The question is what about soft, medium and loud.

On the Phonak software, each channel has the frequency it handles for you to see.

Each has gain lines. Each has specific purpose to improve your hearing experience.

Think about the environment you are in and how the hearing aids react to those sounds.

Are you talking about Fitting Tips/Fitting Assistant/Fitting Advice?
Maybe different brands call it different things, but you can find it all in their fitting software.

1 Like

Does anyone set these values manually?
Would anyone share his experience?

Sure you can, but only if you know what you should be changing, what issues are you having?
The user manual for Unitron TrueFit is available, a good start for you, it’s pretty easy to use tho

https://tinyurl.com/5xv3ev3v

I don’t have any issues :slight_smile:
I already read the user manual, there is newer one: https://tinyurl.com/4rx366be
However, only the user interface is described. I am only interesting in, how the adjustment can be further optimized after in situ measurements (without REM). How can I test it, differentiate between soft/mod/loud, especially that there are 20 channels.
When I hear something, how do I know if it’s moderate or loud, which one should I adjust, what is the threshold limit…
I hope you understand what I want :smiley:

I assume these controls ex. soft/mod/loud can be ajdusted only with REM. Is it useful beyond that? When we have fitting advice menu, for example:

No you don’t need REM to adjust these, you can easily see in the fitting what’s been changed, you can do screen shot to compare between what you have and what TrueFit does.

Well only you can say what difference you actually “hear” when you make any changes, you can use a tone generator downloaded from the playstore if your really curious to know “what you are hearing” at what frequencies.

This is set by MPO.

But I would think that you would need a problem to have a solution.
I’ll tag @markoo355 who has a lot of experience with TrueFit and will be able to help you along.