Feedback?

I’m testing out a pair of Siemens Sirion P aids. I have been having problems with feedback from them. This has happened a couple of times, I will be seating in a quiet room not moving and one of the aids will just start whistle for a couple of seconds for no reason. This doesn’t happen all the time.

I tested out a pair of Phonak aids for a week and never had a feedback problem, but the pair was like $4,000.00.

I’m wondering if the Siemens are not a good choice for me…

What aids do you hear better with? If it’s the Siemens than a different dome or an earmold might solve the feedback problem.

audio-gram? what type of molds? what did the AuD/HIS say about it?

— Updated —

audio-gram? what type of molds? what did the AuD/HIS say about it?

Fixed the audiogram issue…

I wear custom ear molds. Going to send the HIS a e-mail and see what she thinks about the issue. I wonder if maybe Phonak aids are better, as I heard better with the testers but then again they were double in price.

— Updated —

Fixed the audiogram issue…

I wear custom ear molds. Going to send the HIS a e-mail and see what she thinks about the issue. I wonder if maybe Phonak aids are better, as I heard better with the testers but then again they were double in price.

you have been on here but haven’t bothered to let your provider check out the problem? good luck

I came on here to see if anybody had a idea on what the problem could be, most of the time the provider is booked up and I have to wait for a appointment. It was my lucky day, I sent an e-mail to the HIS this morning and there was a opening this afternoon. They are going to turn on a “feedback loop” to the aids. Not sure what this is, hopefully it helps.

Went in for the appointment on Friday, and the HIS did a feedback test on the aids and made a few adjustments that I ask for. So far, so good.

BTW: Does the Siemens Sirion P aids have any remote control options?

No, the Sirion doesn’t have any support for wireless accessories.

Ok, thanks for the information.

Going to work today, where it is quite and see if the feedback issue as been fixed.

I still have the feedback problem in the Siemens aids. I asked the HIS to try some different aids as there must be some issue with the aids themselves or the programming. Hopefully the HIS can let me try some different aids…

Wanted to know if maybe the pair of Siemens aids could just be bad. Should I ask to another pair to test?

Hi, hippieelmo,
my father have the same fault with siemens P. Recently Siemens has released a firmware update for Siemens P but, unfortunately, this not solve this serious defect. I do not know if all Siemens Sirion P have this fault or only random single item…how can we solve?