Experiences with Android phones using Kanso/Nucleus 7

Hi there! I am a Kanso 2 user and have had great experiences with streaming to my iPhone. However, I am looking at changing over to an Android phone. Can anyone share their experience with using an Android phone for calls and audio streaming? Is it as seamless as using an IPhone? Can one use any Android phones or do I still need to limit to Google Pixel and Samsung phones?
I would really appreciate your responses. I also use the Nucleus Smart App for connectivity.

@Raudrive uses a Pixel 3 I think. It needs to be an ASHA compatible phone. Recent Pixel’s and Samsungs generally qualify. Some OnePlus. Mayber more, but check out a compatiblity list and ideally be able to return phone until you’re sure it works.

1 Like

This might help with compatibility and connectivity.

https://www.cochlear.com/global/en/apps/sound-processor-and-app/compatibility

As @MDB said, I use the Google Pixel 3 phone. It has been very good with the N7 and the K2 processors, I have both. From reading the Android and IPhone smart phones are both very similar to use with the N7 and K2 processors. The iPhone might have a couple Apple things the Android doesn’t but am not sure about that. Android is always improving.

My previous experience with Phonak Marvel aids and these Cochlear processors is similar. The Cochlear connection may be a touch better as far as distance away from the phone or TV connector. I use the TV streamer and the Google Pixel smart phone only with these processors, nothing else.

1 Like