Experience with Costco Bernafon Chronos CN-9 and CN-7?

Hi,
I have appt with Costco this Saturday and this store pushes the Bernafon
Chronos CN-9 and CN-7 as their best and most reliable aids.

Anybody have one or the other? What has your experience been?

Is Bernafon really a part of Oticon as I’ve heard?
So are the CN9 and 7 then very similar to the top Oticon
instruments?

Thanks

You will not get top Oticon products at Costco. Same parent company, but remember you get what you pay for. Product and service. Many on the site rave about Costco, and it suits their needs, which is great for them. Just don’t set the bar too high.

Just remember that the HA’s are only as good as the person setting them up. Costco is just like a private audiologist: if they know what they are doing the outcome will be good, if they aren’t to good at knowing the ins and outs of programming HA’s or won’t listen to you the outcome won’t be to your liking. As for the Bernafon HA’s ask the person why they are pushing them over their other aids they offer and if you don’t like the answer tell them you would like to try something else, after all, it’s your ears and your hearing not theirs. Good luck!

I just purchased a Burnafon Chronos 7 hearing aid. I experienced some difficulty with it cutting in and out when in church, especially when the music starts playing. I went back to the hearing aid dispenser twice now, and both times they said I just needed it adjusted. The first time I went back, she replaced the receiver, which did not seem to be a good sign to me. My audiologist reassured me that she will extend the trial period for another two weeks, and used a computer program to adjust my hearing aid more accurately. If I’m not satisfied, I could switch to the Widex Clear 330, which she said had the most natural voice quality and there were fewer adjustments required for difficult listening environments. I don’t know whether to switch or not. I’m afraid that if, after this adjustment the hearing aid works until after the trial period is over, then acts up again, I will be out $2000. I don’t have that kind of money to throw away.

I have found the Bernafon Chronis range to be very good value for money.