Expectations for speech in noise?

This is free on an iPhone and shows in text what the person is saying.

It’s really accurate or at least for me.

I don’t really benefit from listening to speech due to a decline in my hearing.

3 Likes

The problem is that some of us HOH folks (me) are self couscous about our lack of understanding and assume that everyone else understood prefectly.

1 Like

Thank you @cleveto @rsinclair123 @prodigyplace @Zebras for the wonderful Apps recommendation.
The problem is in our country, we speak different dialects and languages. Malaysia is a multi racial country. Most of the kids speak at least 2 languages and some 3 languages.
This is Asia.

Thanks and stay healthy.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, what I suggested is part of the Apple operating system installed on all iPhones. It has been available on the iPhone for at least 10 years.

1 Like

Yes, have tried that Live Listen in iPhone but the More 1 HA is not able to pick the streaming sound loud enough due my profound hearing loss.

Thanks

Hi @Zebras, this is a wonderful Apps. It helps a lot when using Mandarin & English in a quiet room or restaurant. Not sure in a noisy restaurant? English and Mandarin is really accurate. Good enough for our situation.

Thanks

1 Like

I think i mentioned it in the other post but i’ll say it again, More 1 is not appropriate for your hearing loss

1 Like

Hi @ssa, yes you are right. More is not powerful enough. Looking at Phonak Naida or Exceed in the future. Not considering CI at the moment.

Thanks

1 Like

No one every mentioned molds as an option to me and I have significant loss. Bet it would have made a difference.

Hmmm … not sure why I’m being tagged here.

sorry - you are right - nevermind.

1 Like

There is no streaming to your H/A with Live Transcribe. It is strictly a transcribe to your Phone screen app. The transcription can be saved and brought back for review. I find it to be pretty darned accurate.
I can stream to my hearing aid and Implant already - but often that is not good enough for me to fully comprehend in the speakerphone setting… So now I am stuck. Live transcribe puts it on your screen right before you.

What are the “program options” for those programs set to? Lumity does a fabulous job of speech in noise, unless you have one of those audiologists who thinks everything should be set to the defaults. Noise block slider should be set almost all the way to the right.

1 Like

@Don

Thanks! Good hint.