Exchange Philips HearLink 9040 for Jabra Enhance Pro 20

I’m rapidly approaching the end of the 6-month trial period with my Philips 9040s. I’ve been generally pleased with them. However, I am intrigued by the in the ear microphone feature–thinking that it might help discern sound direction better. And apparently it features the new Bluetooth standard (LE Audio).

The 9040s are hearing loop enabled, but I have only been able to use that feature once over the last 6 months. The experience was incredible, but very few places have hearing loops installed (at least around here). Of course, almost nobody currently has installed Auracast systems (hopefully that will change soon, because it could be awesome!).

It sounds like the Jabra 20s are a bit more lively, from a sound quality perspective. I’m concerned they might make the sound tinny. Sound quality should probably be my first priority.

In any case, I would be interested in any feedback. If I am to exchange the 9040s, I’d need to do that in the next week or so.

1 Like

Telling you something you already know.
It takes the brain a bit of time to acclimate to new hearing aids. Things may sound off for a little while.

I like the idea of trying out the Jabra aids.
Keep us posted.

I have the Jabra with the in-ear mic and the Philips aids. I’m wearing the Philips now. The Jabras with the in-ear mic are no better at locating the direction of sounds. I’d keep the Philips aids.

1 Like

I was in the same situation as you and did make the change to the 20 s. I don’t hear as well as the 9040 but the HA professional didn’t spend any time programming the new aids so I’m going to have to go back but they will have to improve considerably for me to keep them.

There’s no exchanging per se by Costco as far as I know. It’s really returning one aid set and buy another set. So you can always buy the Jabra EP20 now BEFORE you return the Philips 9040 so that you can try both of them side by side yourself to decide which one to keep. The feedbacks you get from others here are valuable but they’re still very subjective and you may find your experience different from theirs.

If you use a credit card to purchase, there’s a chance (depending on how you time it) that if you return one of them in a couple of weeks, the credit back into the credit card is in time to negate the charge completely so that you may not have to put up with the money for a month to pay for the trial.

1 Like