Essential hearing aid supplies

What would you consider to be essential supplies to have for your hearing aids? I have
-aid dryer +extra drying capsules
-extra tubing/hooks/domes
-wax filters
-batteries
-tamper proof set
-user manual
-Earmold impressions
-some random doodads

Many of this feels extra but still good to have just in case, the things I carry daily is the hard case and extra battery pack. Everything else stays at home unless traveling

2 Likes

Well, I may be a bit more high maintenance than you, but I’d get a better dryer with UV sanitizer.

I use EarGear every time I get my hair cut 'n colored so hair dye isn’t schmeared on my aids.

Also ESSENTIAL is some kind of TV streamer: for Phonak, there’s the TV Connector or Roger ON iN V2.

Hope you are streaming phone calls on your cell phone, but I also have a dedicated “Acoustic Phone” program set up so I can hear a call stereophonically in BOTH ears using anyone’s phone, any place, any time.

3 Likes

I have both the TV connector which I use for the main tv downstairs and the roger on for the one upstairs and for taking to my college lectures, I never knew TV could be so good! I tend to place my phone on speaker loud since I find it more difficult to understand with my hearing aids if there is ANY background noise. I have definitely felt that my newer SkyM-M70s have a much better sound quality compared to my audeo marvel 30s, I truly don’t think I would ever need more functionality that the skyM70 aids give me. I do notice I get some condensation after wearing my aids the entire day so having the dry box is very handy

My essentials are the charger and wax guards.

This is something my friend asked me recently as she’s walking 1200 miles over 4 months and everything she needs will be in one rucksack.

Her hearing aids also need to cope with all weathers including very wet weather and realising she won’t be able to fully dry things (hearing aid things) as well.

3 Likes

Just a thought … perhaps test this before NEEDING it. Try putting your Roger right next to your cellphone (or perhaps you have a landline?) with that phone set to “speakerphone”. If Roger is in “tabletop” mode, it can do a MIGHTY good job of picking up the caller’s speech.

I tried this the other day when in-laws called (as they always do from a crappy cell phone, typically in a car or running errands outside with lots of ambient noise), and I was amazed that I heard every single word anyone spoke. I was in the kitchen doing dishes, hubs was in the next room on the phone with them, and all voices came in loud and clear. Even that of one of the in-laws who likes to sit in a chair across the room and chime in from many many feet away, LOL!

I think I actually caught them off-guard when hubs revealed the secret to my HEARING everything. Granted, I wasn’t able to shout across the rooms from kitchen to TV room, but I heard EVERY. THING.

Made my day!

1 Like

For me, when normally out and about, it’s:
Batteries (13s) & Wax filters

If I’m on an excursion of some sort, I’ll add a Phonak case with:
Cleaning kit
Backup HAs
batteries (312)

At home, I have spares of most things for my Backup HAs. I have reprogramming hardware/software, spare tubes and domes, full earmoulds, if I decide I need them, and 2 other backup hearing aid sets from 2015, that still work, but I can’t reprogram. I have 3 Roger Microphones (Pen, On, Select). These devices work on 2.5 sets of hearing aids (I’m one Roger X short), but in all honesty, I rarely use the Roger stuff since I got the P90s. I have 2x Phonak TV Connectors, which are fantastic.

I’ve actually thrown away some analogue aids from when I was first diagnosed in 2009, as 4 sets of digital HAs should be enough. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have never thought of that! I have telecoil which I can use with the landline but typically most people call using my cell phone so I’ll have to definitely try that out!

Fascinating lists!

Recently I lost a dome. I need to carry spare parts. Oh sports locks too.

DaveL

A spare pair of hearing devices if at all possible - packed separately, batteries, brush, cleaning cloths, domes, case.

1 Like

For me it is my primary and backup aids and chargers, wax guards, cleaning kit, and EarGene, while traveling or even at home.

1 Like

I find the Roger mics are essential. The partner mic (not a Roger) is perfect when you have only one person to hear. Two table mics when I’m in a classroom or meeting room, and the Roger On takes the place of the Roger pen and Roger select. It will also substitute for the Partner mic if you don’t want to carry both.

1 Like

@carolagate

Your whole statement I agree with.

Partner Mic, Roger On and 2 x Table Mic II are all very useful :slight_smile: