Echo effect in Rexton (Signia)

Wgphat migh cause an echo effect in a pair of Rexton Bi-Cores (Signia Pure Charge&Go AX)?

Occlusion is what I would be looking at.

If you are using molds, there are things that can be adjusted to the mold like increasing the vent size.

If you are not using molds, then you will need a dome with a vent or larger vent.

Your HCP can also adjust the gain of the hearing aid.

Yeah depends, is it all the time across all the different programs, or only in certain circumstances.

All the time although worse under certain conditions.

Molds or which domes? As adjustments in the lower frequencies can help with this but latency/processing speed can also be noticed by some people which can end up having this echo affect as well, so a few variables to check.

Yes, I wondered about latency. That’s what it feels like.

I’ve been wearing Signia tulip domes.

This is extremely unlikely, this series has an ultra low latency [below 5ms] the only one with lower is Widex, which is from the same company. Such latency is just not perceptible to humans [and definitely not as echo] .
One possibility is that something in programming is messing up the latency, but that too is unlinely [I self-program].
Another is that you’re confusing echo effect with tunnel-like closed sound which is the result of various beamforming methods and is often triggered by noisy environment.

1 Like