Ebay Hearing Aids Update (adjustment)

Some folks here know that a couple of years back? A year and a half? I don’t remember. I purchased a set of Oticon More1s on eBay from a HA seller in Germany for a significantly discounted price. (The markups on these things are frankly obscene.). Since then, this man has become my good friend and I take some US returns back for him, here in the US. We chat via WhatsApp almost daily. (Our wives gave birth within the year of each other and we share stories, etc.).

Anyway, I wanted to report on a follow-up appointment I had with him. I went to my local ENT office and got a hearing test and my friend readjusted my HAs according to the newest (and probably more accurate) hearing test. He did it through the Oticon Companion App. Easy peasy. I noticed the difference right away. He offered to further adjust them if I found the adjust uncomfortable in any way. I didn’t. I got used to used to it, easily enough.

So, I am saying this sing my friend’s praises. Frankly, I don’t know that he really needs me to “sing his praises” because from the sound of it, he has so much eBay business that his head spins, but I thought that maybe someone here may need a good HA at a great price with caring follow-up. I don’t know if he still sells the Mores as they are yesterday’s news, though, but I know he’s got the newer stuff.

Best,
Musician.

3 Likes

How does the remote programming work through the app? Does he use a dealer login and then he can access your app? Do you grant permission? Do you have to be logged in to the app? I’m curious as to whether it might be possible to remote DIY.

1 Like

He accesses my app via my email after and I grant permission. I have to be logged in. On his end he programs the HAs according to the test and can communicate through WhatsApp. Regarding DIY, I believe you have to be registered as a provider through oticon.

It is for Phonak. That’s how I program my step mums Aids.