Easy Line Remote app internal error on iPhone with KS10

Hi. I’m using the Easyline remote app 3.0.4 and it is now giving a red INTERNAL ERROR message when trying to connect to my iPhone. It had been working fine previously. I have rebooted the phone numerous times and uninstalled/reinstalled the app numerous times to no avail. The iPhone does show that the HAs are connected via the low energy (LE_) Bluetooth connection as well as the normal R-KS Bluetooth connection. When I installed the Easyline app, it did find both hearing aids however it then gave the INTERNAL ERROR message. Any ideas??? Thanks!

The EasyLine app will give you these error messages if the regular R-KS Bluetooth is active when you create or modify programs and try to save them.

Before opening the EasyLine app go to settings/bluetooth and disconnect (not forget) the R-KS connection, be sure the two LE bluetooth connections are active. You can now create your own programs and tweak the canned ones. It’s a cool app and helpful if you like to fine tune what CostCo provides. When you are finished tweaking save or update and go back to settings and turn on the R-KS.

I have been talking to Phonak presently to let them know what the problem is and hopefully they will push out a fix for this problem.

Hope this helps. :smiley:

Something is happening on Android

When I had that problem with the app. on Android, Phonak support said I’d need to go back to my HIS to get the problem fixed, but I fired up Target and retrieved a Previous Session and saved everything again. That worked fine.

Hi ncdancer. I tried your suggestion but the issue still remains. Per your instructions, the R-KS is disconnected and the two LE connections are active. I then open up the EasyLine app (deleted old app and installed a fresh version from the Apple app store). I went through the pairing through the app and the app was able to pair with the hearing aids. It is at that point that the EasyLine app tries to connect with the hearing aids and gives the red INTERNAL ERROR message. It is quite frustrating to be honest. Thanks again for your quick reply and suggestions.

Hi spm_no

When I was struggling with this I noticed that the two LE connections on my phone had the same names: mine were both named LE_L-KS , this seemed odd to me and when I was on a help call with Phonak they asked me to go back to Costco and have them change the names to LE_R-KS and LE_L-KS. The Costco technician called Phonak and walked him through changing the names but the problem was still there and Costco told me Phonak would push out an update to the app or that something on my phone was conflicting with the app.

The odd thing was that sometimes I was able to create, save and update programs but at other times the error messages would appear. I finally figured out that if the regular bluetooth was disconnected the app worked fine.

I think it would be helpful if you called Phonak and see what they tell you about the naming of the LE connections.

I am including some screen shots for your information. Please let me know what happens.

Phonak help line: ‭1 (800) 679-4871‬

ncdancer – Thanks for the info and screenshots. My bluetooth names seem to be correct, so that does not appear to be a problem. I did disconnect the regular bluetooth connection before opening the app, but that did not solve the problem. I will call Phonak and see if they can help me. Thanks again for the info.

Thank you, your information was right on the money. I have been trying to custom program since I got ks 10 HA’s. Thank you again.

ncdancer - to make a long story short, I had to replace my defective KS10s to resolve the issue. Prior to doing that, I called Phonak and described the red Internal Error message. The support guy was very nice and said this typically occurs when the hearing aids are initially programmed but the software is not closed properly. This was a stretch, since the HAs were working fine for months before suddenly getting the error message. He said to take them back to Costco to be re-programmed. I then made a remote appointment with Costco, and the tech was only able to connect to my left HA and not the right one. At that point, he immediately authorized a replacement pair (the HAs were only a few months old). Fortunately, Costco had a loaner pair of Philips miniRITE HAs which I am wearing until the KS10s come in. The Philips HAs are nice and I would have no issue paying the extra money for them if the KS10s continue to have problems. One advantage of the Philips HA is that they have the ‘made for iPhone’ chip so that I can access the software by simply triple-clicking on the home button.

spm_no - Thanks for that info. I actually went to Costco last week to ask for a replacement but decided to try it again in the parking lot. I opened the app, created new programs, updated those programs and finally deleted them, without one error. I came home and the errors were back, I borrowed my neighbors iPhone 12, installed the apps and everything worked fine.

At this point I’m thinking something happened to my phone because the initial programming had the same names on the low energy BT. I don’t want to wipe my phone and start over which may not help because the iCloud backup might contain the same bad code.

At this point I am very frustrated with Costco and phonak, I will call Apple tomorrow to see if they can help…so the saga continues. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

PS - The only variable is that I was not connected to wireless in the parking lot.

ncdancer - I presume you tried the steps listed in the Phonak article including the ‘Forget Device’ step (Phonak Support Community). You may want to have Costco reprogram your HAs from scratch. If that doesn’t work, I’d get a replacement from Costco. I’m guessing Apple won’t help you much, other than suggesting a factory reset of your iPhone. Good luck!