Earmold style / material

I’m just curious as to what style and material people use for their earmolds. I currently have full shell silicone molds on oticon xceed up btes but I would like to move to something smaller for my next set. With my hearing loss that might be tough but I’d like to know what styles and materials other people are using. Cheers

I have full shell silicone ear moulds on my Oticon Xceed 1 UP and Phonak Naida P70 UP.

Wouldn’t want anything smaller.

:slight_smile:

My idea solution would be nothing in the ear canal as I can get wet ear canals from the ear moulds but that won’t happen if I want to wear hearing aids.

My friend has similar hearing loss to yours @Mikey791 but has hard ear moulds. She gets feedback but always has her hearing aids turned down to stop feedback rather than moving to silicone ear moulds. She doesn’t like change!

1 Like

Thanks for your responses! It may sound odd, but I like the feeling of earmolds in my ears. I’m not sure if it’s because of the fact that I can hear most things when I have my hearing aids on or that I have been wearing them so long it reminds me to be grateful for technology. I’m looking for smaller earmolds because I have a lot of mandible movement when I chew so I get feedback from eating and my audiologist recommended a deeper fitting mold to reduce that. I am just looking for what other people have.

This is what I’ve had done. My ear moulds go past the second bend to help.

1 Like

I have acrylic hard shell clear ear molds and love them

2 Likes

I have acrylic skeleton molds. Feels like they are not even there…
Dan

2 Likes

Just throw in feedback I got from Costco. I went in to replace my silicon molds with concha lock. They were creeping out a bit and causing feedback. They recommended acrylic skeleton mold. The skeleton mold should stop the creep. They said they prefer silicon for substantial low frequency losses, but acrylic for high frequency losses. They’re also going with bigger vents. Said keeping aids in place with the skeleton mold should allow bigger vents and still control feedback. I’m somewhat dubious, but hey, they’re willing to redo if I’m not happy so I’ll give their way a trial. By the way, for those that want colorful ear molds, Costco’s molds by Westone offer a wide variety including neon and glitter. I’m boring and stuck with clear.

4 Likes

Hey everyone! I appreciate your feedback. I ended up getting half shell silicone molds. They should be delivered to my audiologist soon. They are deep fitting (past the second bend) to reduce possibly of feedback. I don’t mind occlusion so I hope these will be the trick to stop the excessive feedback.