Ear mould short canal length

I recently got my new ear molds, but the canal length is significantly shorter than I anticipated.

I’ve attached a photo for comparison. I have moderate to severe hearing loss, particularly severe in high pitch frequencies.

I’m wondering if this mold size is acceptable? This is my third attempt to get new molds for the left ear with the NHS due to past molds being the wrong shape and causing problems.

Frankly, I’m hesitant to go in for a fourth time since this seems to fit in well.

1 Like

Yeah that’s quite a bit shorter all right, depending on your loss the longer is closer to the ear drum, which is acceptable for severe profound, so what’s your thoughts on sound quality on the new mold?it’s good that your saying it’s a good fit, so no leakage, no feedback issues?

I’m also in the UK and these came as a pair.

My right ear is much longer, past the second bend and I pick up speech a lot better than my left ear.

Have no idea why they are different.
I want my left to be longer.

1 Like

I’m looking to get longer molds from a company here in the U.S. Any suggestions welcome. My current aids are far too short. Many years ago I had CIC aids that went very deep.

Try this outfit, seems a few members have used them with success.

I’ve gotten multiple molds from Lloyd’s! I’ve gotten ric silicone and acrylic and 13 tubing silicone and I’ve loved all the molds I’ve gotten, have had some mistakes before but erika provides wonderful and kindfull customer service. Any questions I have I’ll just call or email and get a very good in depth explanation for any problem and they are very willing to help with any fit issues. I’ve honestly gotten better service from them than I have from a local audi.

1 Like

Thanks Antifa. I’ll give them a try

Thanks tenkan. Sounds doable