Ear Glasses

Has anybody ever heard of earglasses? It is apparently an inexpensive way to hear better. Earglasses are like a headset which uses parabolic reflectors placed behind your ears to magnify sound before it enters the ear canal. Earglasses is only useful though, for people suffering from mild hearing loss.

I’ve not only heard of Earglasses® Sound Magnifiers, I invented them a quarter of a century ago. :smiley: During the early years, I relied on catalog marketers to advertise and sell the old headband model design. We sold nearly one hundred thousand copies. It later occurred to me that its benefits could be improved by dispensing with the headband. The new design is held in place by the pinna of each ear of the user. I now sell the product via our own website at http://earglasses.com, as well as on amazon’s website. It’s still the simplest and least expensive personal sound amplifier on the market.

I went to the web site and am laughing. I am imagining going to an old age home with everyone wearing these and looking like a scene out of a scifi movie. Actually, for people for whom regular HA are way out of their price range, this could be $10 well spent.

This is obviously more effective than simply cupping your ear w. your hand.

Mister Earglasses,

I am confused when you say its benefits could be improved by “dispensing with the headband” - The phrase “dispensing with” has two opposite meanings in this context.

In pharmacy and medicine, “dispensing with” would mean giving out or selling WITH the headband.

And yet I kind of think you intended “dispensing with” to mean NO LONGER INCLUDING the headband.

Could you clarify just to be sure?

This is a fascinating idea and I think I may try it. Can you wear it with hearing aids too?

Best wishes, Nate :smiley:

Also, in response to your ideas as to decoration, rather than add a flag, why not make them in black and sort of furry? :slight_smile:

oh well ! this is for my kind imformation that such a technology has been developed that could reflect the sound wave throguh the glases to enter into the ear with the crystal clear hearing

I got a pair of the “new” design (sans headband) and I find they aren’t very stable — they frequently fall off when I’m just walking around the house. I would certainly be willing to pay more for a set with a headband.

I learned about these via a 90 year old musician (still playing strong!). He says they distort music less than hearing aids – which amplify/adjust the speech range but not the full sound range of music. I tried them on and liked them enough to order a pair for myself.

I think Aluminum foil works well, too. You can make them larger as your hearing diminishes with age.
But you must remember to remove them during lightning storms and they carry some danger around elephants during the rutting season.