Dryboost UV dehumidifier question

I bought mine heavily discounted on Amazon because the seal on the package was broken. It is new. Dryboost says this is not an issue. I can hear the fan working after the initial five minute UV cycle. But is the heater working? I don’t feel warm air being released from the vents at the top of the plastic case. I have rechargeable aids and so need low temp drying. I’m mostly concerned about drying the custom molds. Over the last month I haven’t found very much dried ear wax (sorry for the image) on my molds. However I don’t seem to be producing wax, which is unusual for me. I did use to find it several times a week. Heater broken?

anyway: for those who have this device, how do you tell if the heater is working? One person noted a “fan only” option. I don’t want that! but maybe when I start the device I’ve inadvertantly started it on “fan only”?

If you have a hearing aid dryer and put in rechargeable hearing aids, the heat will shorten the lifespan of the battery. It’s why the only solution is the Redux home version hearing aid dryer which is the only device to remove moisture without using heat. I have one and it’s worth it.

Since no one who knows has answered, I’ll throw in my 2 cents. Dryboost UV is supposed to operate at 80-85°F. If it’s in a warm room, it may not have to add any heat at all. I think that’s a ridiculously conservative temperature range. Less than ambient outdoor temperature in many places, and less than body temperature.

1 Like

Thanks. This may be why I can’t feel any heat. I’m really most concerned with drying my molds. My rechargeables are fully enclosed. Some think the mere act of charging them is sufficient to dry them.
Eventually I’ll probably pony up the money Signia is charging for their dedicated charger/dryer. ooof!