Dog ate my favorite aid 😩 which would be better for me phonak or oticon?

dog ate my beloved sumo xp… need to get new aid now and torn between the xceed and the naidia. which would be better for my range and i have the software for both. i am in the profound range since 5 yrs old and only wear one aid since my right ear is totally dead

250 90
500 90
750 90
1.5k 90
2k. 90
3k. 90
4k. 95
6k. 105
8k. 90

2 Likes

Tragic to lose an aid, but hopefully the dog was okay… That’s a hefty loss @loudness, especially with your right ear down completely! Xceed UP’s are approximately 4 years old, so I would be inclined to look at the Phonak Naida Lumity UP BTE’s, its just about to hit the market, I am waiting to order a new set of Naida Lumity UP’s myself, once my A.uD gets their training… Having said that, if possible, I would try them both, as you might prefer the Oticon sound? But newer Tech, usually equates to better Tech…Good Luck with your choice, cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

I currently have the Phonak Audeo Lumity 90 RT on trial and had my Audi order the Oticon Real 1 for comparison purposes. Definitely trial both is my opinion.

2 Likes

IMO, you need something with a little more oomph @Markem, a Naida Lumity UP BTE, with 675 batteries might prove to be more effective, and more in keeping with your profound loss? Cheers Kev :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah that was discussed but decided to give these a trial and they have been working better than expected in most instances except restaurant and wind noise. But we’re working on that. As far as power through the ranges seems to be more than ample although granted probably not a lot of head room should hearing go further south. As long as I’m not asking the wife to repeat herself as now is the case we’re quite happy with these so far.

1 Like

As long as you are happy @Markem, and ultimately that’s all that matters :grin: TBH, I wouldn’t even consider a RIC’s again, yeah they are comfortable, small & lightweight in comparison to a BTE, but I kept blowing the 105db RIC receivers, they would not last a year, which meant a new pair of custom moulds on a yearly basis… A real PITA! Eventually, I ended up getting a spare set of custom moulds, in anticipation of them blowing! Funny enough, I have them in as I write this, My Naida P90 BTE moulds, had been causing sores, so I have my Marvel 90 RIC’s in for a couple of weeks for that to clear up… Good Luck with your choice, cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

I have the Xceed 1 UP and the Phonak M70 SP. Found the Xceed to be better.

Then got the Phonak Naida P70 UP and they are way better then the Xceed but found the Xceed to be better then the M70.

Weird but my ears are weird.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a weird for me. I’m coming from old Starkey CIC’s. Could hear pretty decently but the Phonaks are a dramatic improvement in comparison.
Power wise I feel that there’s more than enough, even with ill fitting earmolds which we are also having swapped out at the moment.
With regards to OP getting new aids, what ever you do make sure the molds are perfectly fit for you, don’t take anything less.

No answer for you, but lots of sympathy. Two years ago my puppy ate both my aids. Fortunately they were still under a replacement warranty. My audiologist said dogs eating them is a common reason for loss of aids.

1 Like

You can buy a used Phonak V90 SP super power aid as backup. The Xceeds are four years old technology. You can buy a Naida Paradise UP aid which is cheaper than the newest Phonak Lumity Naida L aids which is not available yet. Both Nadia aids use the 675 battery. The older V90 SP aids l have use the size 13 battery.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for your hearing aid and hope the dog stay well :slight_smile: For profound hearing loss my advice is for the Phonak Naída Paradise P90-UP with 675 battery and custom moulds. It’s the best hearing aid for my severe to profound hearing loss. It’s powerful and also has a very clear sound. I can understand speech in noise much better and also it’s very reliable. I’ve bought it in August and since that day it’s getting better everyday I use it.

4 Likes