Does Phonak still sell Paradise aids?

The newer receivers (M, P, L) are less subject to wire damage than the old one, but we do still see breaks from time to time, or invisible damage that causes intermittency or static with manipulation (both from physical wear), or receivers that are just dead (moisture damage, likely).

Some users are a bit more subject to the wires being damaged. Points of failure tend to be: 1) very bendy ear canals that need a lot of pressure repetatively over time to get them all the way into the ear as well as more tension when the wires are pulled out, 2) insufficient space behind the ear such that the top of the wire is in a regular fight with the arm of the glasses, and 3) users who put the dome or custom tip into the ear canal first and then flip the hearing aid over the ear but sometimes end up giving the hearing aid a full 360 rotation to get there.

2 Likes

ahhh, I didn’t realize the length was coded in that. Thanks!

both sides of my current set is “1S”

I do wear reader glasses quite a bit but try to be careful, and usually have been very gentle when putting them in and taking them out…no twisting as you describe…but occasionally I do catch myself being a little rougher than I would like (in a hurry or whatever). Still, nothing that I would think would be outside of ‘design parameters’

thanks for the help!

1 Like

Neville thanks for your response!
I’ve always used sports locks on my Phonaks. Do they influence the receivers lifespan?
(They are a bear to use with my Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s because of the wax guard they have.)
DaveL

I don’t have a consistent experience with that one way or another. You can imagine in some cases it might be better to pull on that to get it out of the ear than the wire, but probably depends on anatomy.

3 Likes