Does Phonak Naida P90-UP have a t-coil?

What does this mean, then? With mine, I don’t have to even put the phone to my ear.

So you can carry the phone into your pocket and switch to T Coil and hear on the phone?

I don’t have to put the phone directly to my ear but it needs to be near my face/ear and it uses the phone Mic so no one can hear me otherwise.

Or are you actually using a neckloop or similar?

This just sounds like that specific program needs to be adjusted!

I’ve never tried putting the phone in my pocket (other than shirt) but the feature is powerful enough that the iPhone doesn’t have to be right up to my ear. The reception does get better the closer to the hearing aid, however.

No neck loop is required for my getup to work.

1 Like

Yes same with me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t use it on every call, by any means, @Zebras, and my other programs have been adjusted, but when BT is spotty, the T-coil setting has never failed me. That’s why I don’t understand why its use is not more widespread.

1 Like

I think more people are using video calls, FaceTime calls where the T Coil Altho picks it up, isn’t the best as the phone is slightly too far away to pick up best audio/speech.

I’m sure there’s truth in your statement, although I was thinking more about the North Americans not using T-coil because they assume that a neck loop is required.

[Addendum: I should note that I live in the country, so I don’t pick up a lot of T-coil interference. If, however, I pass close to a big dairy farm or venture into town, all sorts if things cause interference that make sounds kinda like a B science fiction movie where everyone’s TV goes nuts just as the aliens are touching down! I can see this being a problem for city folks.]

1 Like

Question on this related topic. My previous aids, I use T-coil all the time for work (Skype) and it had the “Duophone” feature so it would stream in both ears. My new Paradise aids only activate one ear when the T-coil is on. Doesn’t seem like there an option in the Target software for this anymore?

Is there a way to get the T-coil working for both ears (for headsets)? I know that Bluetooth streaming is much better, but the reliability (connection) is still a concern at times.

@jbender4

DuoPhone has to be activated within the ‘phone via telecoil’ program, otherwise it’s just one ear.

1 Like

That the thing, that checkbox, or activation is not available for the Paridise aids within the Target program.

@jbender4

I wonder what this DuoPhone is for then?

you could have duo phone without a t-coil model, so it’s a type of wireless feature, like ear to ear communication, can be used with any phone, so long as it’s set up as a program in target.

I use the t-coil at least 15-20 times a day. I would not own HAs without that feature. I love duo-phone. I wore out the switch on my S aids using the t-coil. BTW, I’m in the USA.

I have always used Phonak aids, starting with the original Naida IX series, S, and then Q.

I just got Audeo V90-13 aids. I tested the t-coil function. Seems to be sensitive enough. I need to make a trip to Costco to get some new silicone molds made before I make a decision on the V90s, but they seem good so far.

That’s for phone calls, or do you have a loop system as well for your tv.

Is this correct, as the Venture platform is pretty old now, did you get them on eBay? Or do you mean the latest from Costco, which would be KS10(Similar to P90)

Announced a little more than 7 years ago? Oof. Hope you got a good price, @jsheartrack

WH

True, for phone calls POTS and Cellular both. Hearing the phone in both ears helps a lot.

I got the Venture aids off of eBay. I bought my first pair new when I first starting wearing them. That was 20 years ago. I found I could save a lot by buying used. If I had insurance to cover them, that would be a different story.

I can hear the TV pretty well. so I don’t need a loop. I am about 40db down at 500, and 100 db down at 8k. What bothers me the most is, my speech discrimination isn’t good in my right ear.

Do you get regular tests and program these yourself at home?

WH

Yes, I got a good price. Just because a HA is dated, doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. I know a guy that looks for 30 yo analog aids, because he likes them. Easy for him, his loss is almost flat.

I go to the ear doctor, but I don’t normally see the audiologist.

I have had a bone removed from my left ear. There is a cavity that holds moisture, so it needs to be cleaned out sometimes. My right ear developed loss on its own. The curves are almost identical.

I use audiogram direct to program my aids. Being in audio and RF all my life I understand db, dynamic range, compression, etc. I know what I hear, the audiologist kind of knows. You can’t fix dead regions, but you can try to band-aid them. That is probably why they are called hearing aids. They don’t make your hearing normal. They try to compensate for your loss. They can’t fix a loss of dynamic range. I sure wish they could!

1 Like

I had my t-coil turned on but with my Madia P90 UP hearing aids it is not easy to use so I put my cordless phone on speaker phone and turn up the volume on my hearing aids. It is still not very good sound quality and I have to ask people I am talking to to repeat themselves quite often. Unfortunately, most cordless phones are Bluetooth HSP (Headset Profile) and a very old version. Phonak hearing aids use a HFP (Hands Free Profile) and a much new version. Many years ag they use to make an adaptor that went in series with the incoming phoneline and the cordless phone base that made any cordless phone compatible with a transmitting/receiving ear bud. They are no longer on the market from what online searching I have done. I sent a request to Phonack Customer Service to have them look into making an in-series adaptor between the phone line and base unit of cordless phone bases that would be Bluetooth compatible with their Bluetooth hearing aids and hopefully with other manufactures hearing aids. I find that Phonak is not an overly friendly customer service orientated company so it would help if more people who use cordless phones would copy this and send it on to Phonack Customer Service so they will see the need for this product. As a passing thought this device could also be used with office phones to make them compatible with cell phone ear buds.