Does Oticon has ultra power receiver with ear mold?

Hello All,

I have been in trial with Oticon more3 and now I am in trial with resound one 9, in resound one I am having a ear mould with ultra power receiver on my left and it does work well for me. My Audi suggested resound with UP receiver as it has more gain, where as in more3 maximum was up to 100db, I could listen but the sound was not enough, Audi said it is already maxed out and I was able to listen not much on my left compared to resound, as I do in resound.

Resound volume is also good and loud
Oticon sound is little less and I can hear the sound but there is difference between resound and Oticon

Now the question is there a ultra power receiver for Oticon more?

I wear More1 aids with ear molds and 105 db receivers, but that is the most power possible with the receivers in the ear

Understood, I too asked the Audi about it, he said that’s the max can be used in ear mold with more3.

Is there a way to get the receiver info from the app?

No there isn’t with the More aids, back when I wore the OPN1 ITE aids the app did say the receivers being used.

Good to know about that.

Loss in left ear is pretty bad. Might want to consider a BTE like Oticon Exceed, Phonak Naida or whatever generation Resound Enzo is on. Getting an eval for cochlear implant also could be informative.

2 Likes

@MDB I had already operated my both year due to perforation 10 years back… spoke to my Ent doc as well, he said operation might help but no guarantee it will improve or will be better. Don’t want anymore operations.

Had tried xceed as well before the more. It was ok as I took only on my left and on my right was having a more3. I had trouble in connecting the phone to both the HAs… that’s where changed both the HAs to more3.

How do the Resound One’s compare so far? I have Jabra’s which are the equivalent and also have unequal profound loss in one ear except your bone conductivity is much better.
Have you been evaluated for something like a stapedectomy surgery? Not sure what your loss may be associated with, but I was given the option to have the stapedectomy surgery. They mentioned my improvement after surgery would only be as good as my bone conductivity readings, at best. You have a possibility to gain 35-55db of hearing across almost the whole range of freqs. But I’m like you, not worth the risk. My Dad had the surgery twice. First time was successful for 5 about 5 years then slowly failed. Second surgery was a complete failure with total deafness after surgery. He got cancer soon after (unrelated) and died deaf in one ear. Left me super cautious

@mr.smithster Thanks for the reply, Sorry to hear that.
My doc suggested on the surgery, but says that no guarantee it will be better or good, and secondly I didn’t want to go for another surgery. And I was documenting the HAs trials, here is the notes, I couldnt paste as text, So the image. Sorry for that.

Note: No REM for all 3 HAs