Does Current Costco Rexton BiCore C R-Li have "my voice"

I currently have KS-10s which, as you know, are squirley about charging. But, my real problem is that my voice is quite soft and the KS-10s amplify my voice in my ears. My voice sounds quite loud to me but others, including my wife, keep asking me to speak up. Then I feel as though I’m shouting and I am quite uncomfortable. I’ve heard that the Rextons have something called myvoice that solves this problem.

I’d like to hear from those of you who have these Rexton aids if they come with myvoice. If so, how does that work for you?

Also, I understand that these aids do not have a microphone for phone calls. How do you handle phone calls.

The charging issues with the KS10s are a PITA but, while annoying, are manageable. Problems with hearing my own voice amplified are not.

Please share your experience with these specific Rexton aids.

Yes, Rexton hearing aids do come with OVP (own voice processing). It is very good.

I don’t take phone calls through my hearing aids, so I can’t answer your second question.

I have Rexton Bicores, and they did adjustments for my voice, but I can’t tell you how it works. I had to have them adjust it several times because my own voice sounded too soft and I needed it to sound louder.

You have to hold your phone close to your mouth when talking on it, within a foot or so. I found this very annoying at first, but quickly got used to it.

Also, these things hold an amazingly long charge! After wearing them 18 hours, they were still at around 70% charge.

2 Likes

I wish my Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s lasted that long!
That’s amazing.

I stayed overnight in the hospital. I was concerned that my rechargeable batteries would run out of juice.

DaveL

You can find more information on Rexton’s “My Voice” processor in the linked manual for hearing care professionals:

2 Likes