Does Costco have CIC hearing aids with direct Bluetooth?

Time for new Hearing aids… I have been using Rexton CIC INOX 5

I am driving Uber /Lyft and wear a bluetooth earpice as well for navigation.

I am ready to move on to BLUETOOTH DIRECT to my hearing aids (and it needs to have the ability to turn off bluetooth in my right ear…use that ear to listen to passengers, left ear for incoming navigation via bluetooth)

I absolutely prefer CIC but grudgingly will go bte

Any of Costco HA’s able to do what I want ?

If not recommendation…

TIA everyone !

Doesn’t the Smart Connect work with the Inox? That would do what you want.

just that the INOX are getting old, have a crack in one of them from dropping it . and nearly every-other day one or the other stops working …constantly cleaning them out.

Just time for a new pair…and was hoping that direct bluetooth would be available without needing to buy a bluetooth accessory

Looks like if I want cic/iic I’m going to have to go the smart connect route …geez thats another $300

Thanks !

The Costco KS9 is a version of the Phonak Marvel and streams or does phone calls using direct bluetooth, no accessories needed. They do offer a TV transmitter that can also be used on other devices to stream. About $100 I think.

The Costco KS9 is $1499 a pair in the US.

Yeah thanks Don

I am going in Thursday to trial the KS 9’s … I just refuse to spend $2500-$4000 for cic with DIRECT bluetooth (I’ve searched for used / refurbished) but prices are insane.

Do you or anyone else that has a pair of the KS 9’s… Can I turn bluetooth off in one ear… as I stated in my original post I want direct bluetooth Navigation coming in my left ear from my android phone…and my right ear free to hear passengers

TIA

The hearing aid microphones can be set to any level, so you can leave the mics on and hear environmental sounds.

Resound just released their Quattro CIC that will have the capability of direct streaming from Android.

1 Like

Anyone have any experience of the new Quattro CIC devices? It is hard to get a sense of their relative size compared to say the bigger ITE or the standard non-Bluetooth CIC devices

If you have not come to a solution, I know that Costco has the Rexton Adore Li RIC hearing aids for about $1800 or so. They are very similar to the KS8 aids I have. I have used the Map app on my iPhone to get wireless driving instructions to my aids. I don’t think you can control the volume independently for each ear, without affecting the hearing aid volume from sounds coming to the mics. The programming software can be set by the fitter to attenuate mic volume by an adjustable amount when there is a streaming signal. The default is to attenuate the mic volume to 70%. What I find is that I can hear people in the car while getting driving instructions to my aids that they do not hear. Works pretty well. I am not sure there is a need to have the instructions only come to one ear. The Rexton does need an iPhone to do it though. Perhaps you can achieve the same on an Android with the KS9.

For Android cell phones, no according to my COSTCO hearing aid lady.
If you want good, direct, Bluetooth performance, try the Sound World Companion hearing aids. If you don’t like them, you can return them. I have worn them for about five years now and I am still waiting for something with better speech clarity to connect directly with my Samsung phone, Alead wireless mic, and Windows 10 computer without changing any settings.

KS9 does allow Android phones to directly connect without an intermediate device.

1 Like

The Rexton Adore line at Costco includes an Adore ITE/ITC aid that claims to have MFi direct streaming. See bottom of page at this Costco/Adore link.

Update…OK everyone I have had the KS 9’s for a couple weeks now .

I cannot turn off bluetooth in 1 ear like I wanted (you can lower the volume in one ear if you want).

So driving Uber Navigation coming in via blutooth does lower the the volume for the surroundings , so I do miss a few words from time to time when a passenger is speaking . I am finding that Mostly it is not a big deal.

The Bluetooth itself has been very reliable connected to my Android Huaweai Mate 20 X.

I’m REALLY impressed with the quality of sound . Very natural sounds . No tinny and no feedback so they did a nice job getting them setup correctly.

The TV wireless accessory …I cant tell you how nice it is to hear every freaking word coming out of the TV . I can walk into the kitchen grab snacks and still hear the program…range cuts out about 25 feet.

If you have trouble hearing the TV…absolutely 100% get the TV accessory

The OnLy thing I dislike is the BTE style…I’ll go back to CIC in 2-3 years …by that time prices with bluetooth should be $1,300 range for apair

2 Likes