Does anyone wear Miracle Ear or Beltone

I have severe/Profound hearing loss. I am deciding between Miracle Ear and Beltone because they are local. I am 76 years of age and live alone in a small Apt. Most of my time is spent in quiet environment except for outside shopping/ hiking, etc. I have to use headphones to hear TV. I do not have a smart phone for Bluetooth. Beltone has a HA called Boost which has apps that just plug in to tv box and the sound is streamed to HA. This sounds great to me since I am Tech. illiterate. The cost for everything is $4,200. Any suggestions will be taken seriously

Yes, I have severe to profound loss but such a description can work out multiple ways. Beltone is a rebranded Resound. Costco has them for $1800. I think Miracle Ear is Siemens and Rexton is a Siemens label sold at Costco for $2600. If the price quoted to you includes the accessories, it isn’t a horrid price.

1 Like

Before you decide to use Miracle ear, I beg you to read the numerous consumer complaints about these shops. They seem to prey on older people particularly.

http://www.consumeraffairs.<wbr>com/health/hearing/miracle_<wbr>ear.html

1 Like

Also you can check out Hearing Revolutions to get top of the line aids of major brands at a better price than you will get buying from audiologist directly. They pair you with a local audiologist so you are basically getting the same service for the programming. The hearing test is free and no obligation and you also get 1 year of support from that local audiologist, all the standard warranties, and two years free supply of batteries. If it definitely worth checking out. http://hearingrevolution.com/

Some people also like Costco if you have one near you. PLEASE read the consumer complaints about miracle ear before you decide to go there.

Yes. I did read those. I know the Owner of the Franchise and she will sell me an Audiotone Pro for $1800. I do believe I will purchase the Beltone though because it is very amplified and comes with Direct TV link- Direct Phone link- Remote and Direct Audio using the 2.4 GHz wireless. It is so easy even I can use it. Thanks

She’s not doing you any favors. The Audiotone Pro (same as Siemens Lotus Pro) is a very basic 2-channel hearing aid that’s usually sold in emerging markets such as India. You can get one on eBay for $200.

I just found that information on computer. I informed her that I will not be purchasing ME. I have an appointment with Beltone here in my apt on Tuesday. I believe everyone that is new to HA should have the Aid programed and tested right in their environment. At least with a 30 day trial people do not have to be stuck with something of inferior quality. Thanks for the information.

— Updated —

I just found that information on computer. I informed her that I will not be purchasing ME. I have an appointment with Beltone here in my apt on Tuesday. I believe everyone that is new to HA should have the Aid programed and tested right in their environment. At least with a 30 day trial people do not have to be stuck with something of inferior quality. Thanks for the information.

That’s kind of accurate, but to say they are the same is completely mis-guided, that would be like saying a Corvette is the same as a Cobalt because they are both Chevy.

Ultimately, when purchasing a hearing aid it is important to understand which features are most important for you based on your lifestyle, additionally, certain types of hearing loss require more sophisticated hearing aid capabilities than others.

Find someone that you TRUST will give you advice to help you, and more importantly find a place that does REM (Real Ear Measurements) on EVERY SINGLE fitting, a poor quality hearing aid using REM will perform better than the top-of-the-line aids out there using only first fit.

Hope this helps…

1 Like

When purchasing a hearing aid it is important to understand which features are most important for you based on your lifestyle, additionally, certain types of hearing loss require more sophisticated hearing aid capabilities than others.

Find someone that you TRUST will give you advice to help you, and more importantly find a place that does REM (Real Ear Measurements) on EVERY SINGLE fitting, a poor quality hearing aid using REM will perform better than the top-of-the-line aids out there using only first fit.

Hope this helps…

Not only did you resurrect a 3 year old thread but you made basically a duplicate while doing so :slight_smile: