Does anyone use the Discord app?

I’ve been using this app to get onto the forum easier from my mobile for a couple of years now. As my IT skills are very limited.

Has anyone else had an email from them in the last day or two?

According to the email I got this morning, I have to update my user name and not use a discriminator. I’m assuming they mean the word deaf in Deaf-Piper? Without my devices on I am deaf as a post, I can’t understand any conversation unless someone is standing 2 inches in front of me.

Does my user name cause anyone to think I’m being discriminatory?

Is anyone upset by my user name?

I’ve got until the March 4 to fix this or they will give me a “unique” new user name?

Is anyone able to through any light on this please? Is there any other app I can use to get into the forum ? @AbramBaileyAuD

I think you’re confusing Discord and Discourse :slight_smile:
I got the same email from Discord. Our forum is on the Discourse app.

Ahh, thank you Abram. I will ignore the email. :blush:

I got the same message. As I read it, you need to update your user name or they will create one for you. Don’t understand what this is all about. I haven’t really visited Discord in the last year. As far as getting into this forum (is that what you mean), you can use any browser. I use Firefox or Brave.

The issue isn’t with terms that might be considered “discriminatory”. It is where multiple people use the same username, say “deaf-piper” and user discriminators “#0001” and “#0009” suffixed onto the usernames to tell them apart. Both users are “deaf-piper” where there is only one present, but the discriminators come into effect for account mgt purposes or when more than one is there.

At least, that’s my understanding.

WH

2 Likes