Does anyone know how long phonak repair takes?

Hi i may have to send my neckloop in for repair as it sometimes randomly switch’s off and i don’t know if can be without it for more than a week. Doe’s anyone have a rough idea of how long repair or replacement takes for phonak? As i would be sending it to connevans and then they would send it to phonak they say 7 days but i don’t know if this is actually true or it would be longer.

@LRav

Don’t know if it’s the case still but Connevans had a thing that if you bought it from them, it’ll come back from repair more quickly.

I sent my old Phonak FM System a very very long time ago when casing broke due to someone else’s actions and Connevans got it back to me in no time.

We are talking 2005 when I had just started working.

@Zebras thanks for that now i have to work out how much postage would be to send it back to them with tracking

Tracking only happens on Special Delivery.

The Signed For Delivery option isn’t tracked.

How much are Connevans charging?

I’ve found HAB - Paul Minikin to often be cheaper.

@Zebras connevans aren’t charging me anything for the repair as it’s still under warranty it’s the cost of postage that maybe the issues as things are a bit tight at the minute as I’ve got bills due any moment now and trying to save for christmas etc makes it a little bit harder.

1 Like

I once sent my old phonaks for maintenance and got back them 3 weeks later

@LRav

Special Delivery is £7.95.

Altho Tracked 24/48 might be cheaper?

I’ve never used it as you have to buy online and they collect from your door.

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/uk/tracked-24

@zebras thanks for that info maybe possible but not sure think I’ll have to wait till the end of the week when my bills have all come out and see if i can afford it then.

@eyesgreendeaf i’m not sending hearing aids in it’s my neckloop keeps switching off randomly despite being fully charged so trying to work out if i can afford to send it to be repaired

1 Like

It may depend on the agreement and relationship your vendor has with Phonak. I have only used the repair service twice, for battery problems with aids and with a Select that were both still under warranty. My audiologist sent them in overnight mail and received new ones back overnight mail, So, 3 days total for me. YMMV

Is there any way you can buy a used neckloop at eBay or some online place and not be pressured to send in the neckloop UNTIL you get that backup? Also, how about asking your hearing care provider to LOAN you one in the interim? I actually had a Roger ON iN loaner to try out for almost a month before I bought it.

I totally get that these hearing accessories are essential to one’s functioning and sanity! I’ve only had to send in aids - not accessories - for repair, and as greeneyesdeaf observed, it’s a good THREE weeks by the time the aids come back. That is a key reason why I’ve finally splurged to have two identical make/models of aids. But the accessories aren’t cheap, and I’ve never had a faulty one.

GOOD LUCK to you finding a quick solution here.

@1Bluejay unfortunately my audiologist at the hospital doesn’t stock the accessories you have to provide them for yourself as they are run by the nhs who are only able to provide the hearing aids. As for buying another one from eBay I can’t afford to do that I looked into it to see what it would cost and it’s just not possible at this time of year

ACK. That is a challenge then. I wish your audi would call around and make this happen for you - you just need a comparable device to tie you over till your own could go in for repair.

Well then, perhaps someone else here can chime in as to a totally different device that’s affordable and will get you through the rough patch.

Analogy: if I couldn’t afford my cell phone, I’d use “Acoustic Phone” program on my aids and could get by hearing folks on the phone almost as good as streaming via BT. Is there any device out there that can be used temporarily? I sure hope there’s HOPE and a solution.

PM me your name & address @LRav, you can have mine, I have never used it, it is stuck in a drawer doing absolutely nothing, I bought it from Connevans a couple of years back, it’s a (Type 03) Roger Neckloop, consider it a gift, I know what it’s like to be struggling! You can then get the other one repaired, and then you have backup… You are very welcome to the Neckloop… Cheers Kev :grin:

5 Likes

@kevels55 thanks very much I’ll do that so very grateful to you for now I can send mine off for repair and not have to worry about going without it at one of the events I have coming up or the expense of having to find a solution.

1 Like

Hi @LRav… Roger Neckloop is winging its way to you via Royal Mail Special Delivery, see your PM inbox for tracking details… Enjoy, cheers Kev :grin:

2 Likes

Last year Phonak took 2 and one half weeks to repair. This last month was a little better. It was only one and a half week. I sympathize with you being without them. I figured I would just be a total hermit for awhile while they were being repaired.

1 Like