Does anyone have experience with Unitron Moxi V battery life?

I am trialling Unitron Moxi V with 312 batteries. They are rebranded by SpecSavers but definitely Unitron. Early days for me but battery performance during the first week has been woeful.

Story so far: Audi inserted fresh batteries and said I could expect 4-5 days normal use - that would be approx 16 hours per day for me. On the second day I got low battery warnings as soon as I connected BlueTooth for streaming. After I turned off the HAs and restarted them, they continued working for 2 more days with no streaming. I would be okay with moderate streaming but NO streaming is unacceptable.

Then I changed the batteries. First day for the fresh set of batteries, in the evening I tried streaming. Within 20 minutes I got low battery warning both sides. After another 30 minutes Left aid shut itself down. This seems abysmal battery life… don’t you think?

While I’m awaiting an appointment with the audi, I’m wondering if poor battery performance is a known problem for Unitron Moxi V? Or is it perhaps a specific problem with this pair of aids?

Probably duff batteries off the shelf. Get some fresh from a different batch that haven’t been stored warm or in a condensing environment.

1 Like

@justlisten My brother uses PowerOne Evolution (675 in his case) and says they’re better than Duracell & Rayovac.
Not sure if you can get them cheaper somewhere-else:

Yeah definitely you should get a bit more then that, if no improvement with another batch of batteries, I’d ask to have them looked at by Unitron, as they claim an average 1.4mA battery draw.

Thank you all for prompt responses, much appreciated. I received two fresh packs of these Power One batteries from the Audi in their air-conditioned shop a week ago, I never suspected they could all be duds! BUT perhaps something went wrong in the supply chain? I’ll go out tomorrow to get another pack, fingers x’d that may solve the problem.