Do You Wear Your Hearing Aids to the Dentist or Not - and Other Places You Avoid Wearing Your HA's?

I remove my R) CI processor, as the dentist works from my R. Leaving my processor on and everything would be far to loud and uncomfortable. But I leave my HA in otherwise I wouldn’t hear what the dentist was saying.

I keep mine in at the dentist. Never had any problems with that. I take them out when getting haircuts. There are two many things being used there that can damage the aids. Other than that I pretty much wear them everywhere. I don’t think you can wear them for an MRI but they’re safe for cat scans or x-rays

1 Like

Does NE1 wear them during intercourse? Sound is a big part of intercourse, right? Since the Audéo Fit can detect your heart rate and also detect certain motions, then maybe it could determine when you are engaging in intercourse. Then Phonak could modify their Fit model to include AutoSex 1.0. and activate some new AutoSex 1.0 programs such as StereoMoanZoom. No wait, maybe that would be too loud? How about Comfort in moaning? :roll_eyes:

PVC, you have a very strange sense of humor

1 Like

LOL! I’ve got the Monster VitaMix, too, and while I caution my hubs to plug his ears, I just leave it to my newer Phonak Lumity Life aids to dampen down the dangerous dB while it’s running. With my older Phonak Marvel aids I HAD to turn them OFF it was so painfully loud.

Hm. p’haps my hearing has also diminished from a few years ago, which would be a discouraging reason why I don’t need to turn the newer aids off.

It might be that you’ve grown so used to the noise that it doesn’t seem so loud any more!

I put it to the test! I wore my old Marvel aids when whirling the Vitamix and OWIE OWIE OWIE! It was loud and shrill. Then I put in my Lumity Life aids and while the sound is loud, it seems that the Noise Management feature on these newer aids may work better, cuz I didn’t even have to turn the volume down! :slight_smile:

3 Likes