Do warranty replacement aids get new serial number and date?

This might vary by manufacturer. When hearing aids are replaced under warranty is the serial number and production year different on the replaced unit? Do the replacements have a new serial number or reuse the original one? Is the production year on the replacement unit based on the year that replacement serial number was produced or the original hearing aids?

I purchased used … two sets of Phonak Luminity 90RL’s from the same person, He sold me the first set and claimed lost and got another set which I also purchased … the second set had the some serial number with a small “x” after it . I suppose to identify them as replacements .

1 Like

If they replace them under warranty they replace with new units with different serial numbers, but … I know that the manufacturer’s can give them any set of numbers, they can change them at will, I have a set of Phonak models both have the exact same serial numbers, one was replaced under the lost/ damaged program, they cannot be used or programmed as a pair, target gets confused and throws an error message “cannot pair/link with same serial number”

Did Phonak put the newer production year on the replacement unit with the small “x” or do they both state the same year? I’m not sure where Phonak marks that. It could be inside the unit when looking through the battery door.

Do the two units with the same serial number have the same production year mark?

They are exactly the same.

I recently got my set of P90-Rs replaced under warranty by Phonak.
They have exactly the same serial number.
Also in Target I read exactly the same.
Edit: the two of them have different numbers. They came back with the same different numbers.

I had my Oticon More 1s replaced under warranty. New Serial numbers, did not note date of mfg.

OK so they give both HA’s the same number to prevent you self-programming them but how would an audiologist get around that?

Actually it’s a long story, they believed one was lost, it was later “found” but it had already been replaced, I just tried at a much later date to program them as a pair and found I couldn’t, a clinic would not be able to get around this, for single use only.