DIY - Self Programming the Oticon Opn – How To

Glad that you found an explanation!!! If I may ask, why trial Sonic and how does it compare against OPN that your arm to be happy with?

Do not forget to try strongest level of noise reduction enchant have 15 db instead of 9 db of open and other features too

There’s really no solution for this issue. I just found an answer that explains why I hear the noise. It seems to be a well known issue in directionality that’s been well documented in many research literature.

As you’ve seen, Audiometrix offered to loan me an OPN 3 to try out and compare against my OPN 1 because they want my honest opinion of what I think of the OPN 3. Now that I’ve published my review of the OPN 3 and returned the OPN 3, they sent me the Sonic Enchant 100 to try out next. So I’ll be publishing a review on it in a few weeks after I’ve had a chance to try it out thoroughly.

The Sonic Enchant 100 actually claims to have found a way to solve this directionality issue of low frequency noise with their approach. I’ll be evaluating their solution and include it in my review when I post it.

1 Like

I haven’t seen where Sonic specifies the amount of noise reduction attenuation for the Enchant 100. Below is the spec they show for the models’ feature list. In the ExpressFit Pro programming software, the noise reduction values are listed as Low, Medium, High only.

So I’m most interested to know the source you found that quantifies their max noise reduction as 15 dB. Can you share with me this source? Thanks.

spin noise reduction=NR 4option/4option/3option. i have seen on white paper

Yes, the 4 options are basically Off/Low/Medium/High based on the ExpressFit Pro programming software.

Are you saying that the white paper actually says 15dB? Can you show me the link of this white paper?

The SPIN white paper that I have read (they call it the Spotlight) does not show any quantifiable noise reduction in dB.

i have forgotton link just collected if ifound i post here but it has three layer last is around 15 mid is around 9-11 low is 3-5

how ever some of links

http://www.sonici.com/Sonic/For-professionals/Downloads/Technology-papers.aspx

Sorry. Not sure how to put the link here. It’s on the page you linked about half way down. Name is Speech Priority Noise Reduction: The Process Revealed

Low is 3-4.5dB, Med is 4.5-7.5 dB, and High is 6-15 dB.

I think it’s on page 6 file:///E:/Spotlight_SPNR_UK_12_13%20(1).pdf

http://www.sonici.com/Sonic/For-professionals/Downloads/~/media/Files/Guides/Spotlights%20and%20Tech%20Papers/UK/Spotlight_SPNR_UK_12_13.ashx

also post compression system of opn if anyone found.

Thanks. I thought I’d downloaded everything from their website a while back already but apparently there are some new ones that weren’t available back then.

Well it’s mid November. Heck it’s past mid November! I don’t see any 2017.2? Genie Updater says no updates? Oh well,
★Maybe by★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •。★Christmas?★ 。* 。

They are on the “Oticon Calendar!” If anybody knows how to convert to real time, please let us know.

I think the release of the updated Genie 2 next version will probably coincide with the release of the ConnectClip, which is due out by mid December 2017 for the US according to some sources on this forum. That’s just a guess, though.

Well it’s now officially December and still no Genie 2017.2… Merry Christmas Everyone!

Updated mine just now.

Includes the following changes -

Can you look to see if NoahLink Wireless is supported as a fitting device?

No it’s not showing it, may need to update firmware on hearing aids first, will let you know if it shows up after firmware update.

I don’t see the 2017.2 in the download center Just the Guide pdf

The download doesn’t seem to be available yet. But you can use Genie Updater in your sys-tray to download and update Genie 2017.1 to 2017.2.

Thanks, Got it. Never noticed the update from the tray. +++